Summer Campus Employment Information

Summer On-Campus Positions

Summer Employment on-campus positions do not require a work study award to apply. If you meet the following conditions you will be eligible to work on campus:

  1. Student was enrolled full-time in classes during the Spring 2014 semester and
  2. Either will be enrolled during the summer or during the Fall 2014 semester or
  3. Student graduates on May 3rd and is a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.


Free Summer Housing Information

If you are working a summer campus position to earn free housing during the summer you will need to download and fill out the Summer Work and Housing Acknowledgment to qualify. The University has limited positions available during the summer and it is up to the student to be hired for and work either one or two positions in order to acquire the hours necessary to reach the 360 hours in the specified 12 week time frame.

Students must work a total of 360 hours between the dates of May 1, 2014 and July 26, 2014 in order to receive free summer housing. This means an average of 30 hours of work a week. If the 360 is met within the specified time frame free housing will continue until August 9, 2014. This program cannot be pro-rated due to missions, coursework, or any other student commitment (family and medical emergencies being the only possible exceptions and must be petitioned in writing). Summer work schedules end August 9, 2014.

The maximum number of hours students can work in a single week cannot exceed 40 hours unless otherwise authorized by the department ORG manager and approved by the supervisor.

Housing charges will be recorded on a student’s account until the 360 hours are reached, at which point a scholarship will be applied for free housing. This benefit is in addition to a student’s paycheck and is a taxable benefit.


Summer Employment Process

Please choose from the following options:

A.  If you are keeping your current Fall/Spring Job during the summer-- Have your current manager notify Career Services that you plan to stay working for the same department in the same position for the summer.

B. If you were employed for the 2011-2012, 2012-2013 and/or 2013-2014 school year and have already found a position for the summer- Click Here

C. If you were employed for the 2011-2012, 2012-2013 and/or 2013-2014 school year and are looking for an on-campus job for the summer- Click Here

D. If you have never worked on campus before - Click Here


Paycheck Information

Students are now required to sign up for Direct Deposit or enroll in the ORU Chase Paymentcard to be paid. The first payment can be an actual pay check and will be available at the Student Accounts Office, after 8:00 am, according to the respective pay period schedule. All other pay needs to be direct deposit or on a Chase Payment card.  Employee Self Service via VISION is available for pay stub viewing, W2 tax information and to make W4 withholding changes.


Social Security Number Information

One of the requirements to work in the United States is a Social Security number. You can apply for a Social Security card at the local Social Security Office and begin working immediately after you have received a copy of the receipt of application from the Social Security Office. The actual card is mailed to you approximately two weeks after you have applied, and Career Services will then need to see the original document. International students can contact the International Admissions Office (918.495.6488) or a Student Employment Representative in Career Services (918.495.6912) with any questions.

Click here to get a new or replacement Social Security card.

Click here to find a local Social Security Office.