A Fully Equipped Resource to Facilitate and Enhance Your Education
The ORU library is the gateway to information resources that reach well beyond the campus and certainly beyond the "physical" constraints of any building. The physical library collection of over half a million items is located on the fourth and fifth floors of the Learning Resources Center, and includes books, journals, microforms, DVDs, audiobooks, audiovisuals and other resources. Through the library's website, tens of thousands of online journals and ebooks can be accessed 24/7 from anywhere in the world through the online catalog and databases.
The library information commons includes:
- Computers for online research
- Group study rooms
- Reference collection of key resources
- Periodicals collection, including current magazines and scholarly journals
- Library instruction lab for hands-on instruction in research skills
- Ask-a-librarian service (personal research assistance in person, online, or by phone)
Other key collections include:
- Theology Library which, in addition to materials in circulating collection, also includes three special collections: the Elmar Camillo Dos Santos Collection, the William Sanford LaSor Collection and the Jewish Theological Seminary Collection.
- The Holy Spirit Research Center featuring a non-circulating collection of some 12,000 books, 120 periodical titles, pamphlets and newsletters and 8,000 audiotapes related to the Holy Spirit and the Pentecostal/charismatic movement. It is one of the largest and most comprehensive collections of its kind.
- Curriculum Media Center featuring a children's literature collection, media for grades K-12, audiovisuals and other materials for curriculum development.
- Music Listening Room providing a collection of primarily non-circulating materials including records, tapes, compact discs and scores.
Visit ORU library for more information.