Email Migration IT
Need Help Migrating Contacts?
Please make an appointment with the Student Help Desk if you need any help with migrating your Contacts from Groupwise to Office 365. They will have a technician and a station set up down in the Academic Labs to assist you. Call 918-495-6321 or email email@example.com to set up your appointment.
Exporting Contacts from Groupwise:
- Log into Groupwise on a PC.
- Note: Contacts cannot be exported from a Mac or from Web Access.
- Click on the Address Book button in the menu bar, then right click on Contacts (or a personal address book you want to export) and choose Export Book.
- In the window that opens, navigate to the Desktop; then name the file "Groupwise Contacts" and, under the drop down menu next to "Save as Type," choose "All Files:"
- Click Save.
- Note: This will save your Contacts as a CSV (Comma Separated Values) file.
Import Contacts From a CSV File:
First follow the steps above to export your contacts into a CSV file.
- Sign into Office 365.
- Go to Contacts, and then click Import in the toolbar. Or, go to Options > My Account > Shortcuts to other things you can do, and then click Import your contacts from an existing email account.
- Enter the path to the .csv file with your contacts, or click Browse to locate your file.
- Click Next.
- Wait while your contacts are imported.
- When the import is complete, click Finish.
- If the same contact is in your Contacts folder and in the .csv file, a duplicate contact will be created.
- If you try to import too many contacts, you'll see an error message. Use a program such as Excel to open the file and break it into smaller files, and then import each file.