An Introduction to Online/Modular Learning
A leader among seminaries, ORU was the first Graduate School of Theology and Ministry in the nation approved by the Association of Theological Schools (ATS) to offer half its courses for the M.Div. and M.A. Practical Theology by distance education! People from all walks of life and denominations-at home and around the world-are choosing the ORU Seminary to pursue their dreams of earning a graduate degree.
Our unique approach to distance education includes courses that are fully online as well as blended modular courses with reduced residency. This allows you to set your own pace toward degree completion by enrolling in courses as your schedule allows from wherever you live. You can expedite your education by enrolling in online and blended courses concurrently!
How the Blended Modular Courses work:
- Blended courses are offered once per semester (one week on campus equals course time for two classes/6 credit hours). Comparatively, online courses are offered for the full 15 week term and require no onsite visit.
- Students come to the ORU campus in Tulsa, Oklahoma, and participate in an intensive two-and-a-half day course-either Monday through Wednesday ending at 2:00 p.m., or Wednesday (following chapel) through Friday ending at 5:30 p.m.
- Independently completed pre-course and post-course assignments, combined with the intensive on-campus course, covers the same ATS-accredited material content taught in the residential semester-long course.
Benefits of the ORU Seminary Distance Education/Blended Modular Program:
- The ORU Graduate School of Theology and Ministry's Modular Program offers a quality professional education with a Holy-Spirit-empowered dimension.
- This unique approach is tailor-made for students, like you, seeking spiritual, academic, and professional training without having to uproot and relocate.
- Students may take fully online courses at the same time as modular courses.
- As a distance education student, ORU offers you access to its dynamic distance library resources.
- Faculty who have earned the highest terminal degrees, and who have professional experience in their areas of study, will be your instructors and mentors.
- Our graduate faculty teach only graduate-level courses ensuring a robust learning experience for you and your peers.
- You'll grow academically and spiritually along likeminded peers who will become friends for a lifetime!
Graduate School of Theology Degree Programs Offered through Blended Online/Modular Format
Distance education degree programs offered by the Graduate School of Theology and Ministry include:
- Master of Divinity Learn More
- Master of Arts Practical Theology Learn More
- Master of Arts Practical Theology with a Teaching Ministries Concentration Learn More