Oral Roberts University is a non-profit organization whose staff and faculty actually make a difference in the lives of its students. We pride ourselves on our culture and the values we uphold. Our team is passionate about what we do, and we want you to make us even better!
ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS UNTIL JANUARY 1ST, 2019.
- Full Time
The Assistant to the Vice President of Enrollment position provides administrative and secretarial support. As needed, this position represents the Vice President of Enrollment Management to students, faculty, and others contacting the office for assistance. Assists in the coordination of Quest Whole Person Scholarship events and provides support for other events as assigned.
- Represents the Vice President to the staff of the Enrollment Management division, students and others contacting the office for assistance. Maintains thorough knowledge of registration and related information and applies that knowledge to assist as needed. Listens to researches and problem-solves inquiries addressed to the office. Determines the best direction and steps that should be taken in order to resolve inquiries with excellent customer service. Keeps detailed notes and follows up as needed.
- Coordinates the interview scheduling of Quest Whole Person Scholarship Events and other related events. Manipulates detailed spreadsheets of student information; responsible to update and verify the data entered and produce schedules, name badges, and lists. Maintains attention to detail while managing large quantities of information. Effectively communicates with student workers, event volunteers and staff from all departments of the University, as well as current and prospective students and their parents. Communicates with faculty in order to coordinate interview times and maintain knowledge of department policies and culture. Coordinates post-event review of competition results including recording event scores, preparations for essay review committee meetings, certificates to all winners; notes to top scholarship winners, etc.
- Reviews higher education publications for articles related to enrollment management. Drafts proposals and reports as well as correspondence for the Vice President.
- Provides support with the continuing development, marketing and coordination of the ORU Advantage Program as needed which may include preparing reports and presentations, responding to inquiries, representing the program to schools and coordinating the mailing of transcripts and other materials to participants.
- Assists with the coordination of the Graduate Quest Fellows and Scholarship Program. Facilitates scheduling and communication with faculty and participants as needed.
- Assists during the meetings of the Board of Trustees by preparing meeting rooms, creating and distributing meeting agendas, and taking and transcribing committee meeting minutes while maintaining a professional and hospitable environment.
- Assists in coordination of the Core, the group of top Quest Scholarship winners. Maintains records of their participation and progress; communicates with them as events and opportunities to serve the University arise; assists them in obtaining items needed for presentations they may be required to make on behalf of the University; and coordinates meetings and other gatherings for the group.
- Assists with management of budget for Enrollment Management and divisions. Prepares requisitions and other office paperwork assigned. Maintains detailed, complete, and organized office files and electronic records. Coordinates travel arrangements for Enrollment Management staff and consultants. Manages monetary budget(s) with diligence. Notes and records action items at bi-weekly Enrollment Management Committee meeting as well as other meetings. Follows up with staff as directed on behalf of the Vice President.
- Supervises student workers for the office and events as needed. Hires students, schedules coverage manages hours worked, evaluates performance and addresses disciplinary issues as needed. Delegates the listed duties to student workers as needed, while keeping in mind the individual strengths and talents of each student worker in order to effectively benefit the department, as well as empower and instruct student workers.
- Assists in the planning, set up, and tear down of the ORU Christmas concert and children's carnival. Coordinates and delegates to student workers, as well as the volunteers who will be under the supervision of the student workers of the department.
- Requires a High School diploma or GED.
- Requires applicable experience either learned with on-the-job training or through college or trade school. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office to include Word, and Excel and PowerPoint. Must be willing to learn and efficiently use other software applications as they relate to the department.
- Customer service mindset with excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, troubleshooting and organizational skills are required. Must have excellent communication skills in order to correspond with student workers and staff from all departments of the University, as well as current and prospective students and their parents. Bilingual a plus.
- Must enjoy and work productively with a high quantity of information and in an environment that requires flexibility and multi-tasking. Requires excellent grammar, punctuation, mathematical, spelling, and editing/proofreading skills. Must have an acute eye for detail and the ability to work under stress while meeting prescribed deadlines. Must have the ability to learn quickly and use good judgment regarding policies and procedures. Must be able to exhibit a high degree of professionalism in dealing with superiors, co-workers and those under their supervision.
- Must be able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Required to uphold compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) policy and its procedures.
Benefits & Perks
Great Company Culture. Enjoy a Christian atmosphere.
Make No Little Plans Here. Everything you do makes a difference.
Great Team Members. People you'll enjoy being around.
Improve Your Health. Free access to the on-campus aerobic center.
Stay Sharp. Access to the ORU library and discounted tuition for yourself and dependents.
Rest and Relaxation. 10 days of paid vacation, 5 sick days and 10 days of paid holidays.
Fair Compensation. Based on your skills and experience.
Benefits. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, matched retirement savings and tuition for yourself and dependents.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS will include but not be limited to: sitting, standing, walking, bending, crouching, stooping, twisting of the upper body and manual dexterity for operation of office machines and/or equipment. Vision to include near, far and visual accommodation. Occasional lifting of up to 25 pounds that include carrying of office supplies and event materials.
Oral Roberts University employs, advances, admits, and treats in its employment and educational programs all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, status as a veteran or genetic information.
Error messages will appear here.