Oral Roberts University is a non-profit organization whose staff and faculty actually make a difference in the lives of its students. We pride ourselves on our culture and the values we uphold. Our team is passionate about what we do, and we want you to make us even better!
ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS UNTIL JANUARY 1ST, 2019.
- Full Time
Do you enjoy working with college-aged students? Are you comfortable providing guidance on, reviewing, and interpreting policies? Apply for the Registrar position today!
The Registrar position is directly responsible for maintaining the Student Records System of the University. This position supervises all activity of Registration, Grading, Recording, and Reporting. Responsible for reviewing, interpreting, and implementing Academic Policy.
- Hire, supervise and evaluate personnel in the Registrar's Office.
- Coordinate activities of the Registrar's Office staff as they pertain to policies, procedures and acceptable registrar practices.
- Provide general administrative services by initiating or conducting institutional research, providing academic policy information/interpretation to University personnel, representing the Office on ad hoc and standing committees as well as participating in short and long-term strategic planning.
- Oversee the maintenance of the academic accounting and record keeping system by preserving and protecting all records; collecting, recording and reporting grade results to students and other eligible parties; producing unofficial and official transcripts, compiling the graduation eligibility roster; awarding, posting and mailing diplomas, and providing statistical reports required by federal or state governments, agencies, and organizations.
- Prepare Academic Information Section of the catalog.
- Oversees the process of reviewing Academic Petitions for Policy Exceptions.
- Assists the Office of Institutional Research in the reporting and analyzing of institutional data.
- Manage the departmental budget.
- Create Academic Calendars and Final Exam Schedules.
- FERPA Compliance Officer serving as a resource for compliance inquiries. Assists in the coordination of campus-wide training.
- Facilitates and supports success, retention and advising programs within the university.
- Attend meetings/training sessions to enhance knowledge of registrar-related information with the goal of staying on the cutting edge of providing registrar services in today's world.
- Requires a Masters degree, a doctoral degree is desirable
- Three to five years of experience of progressive leadership/educational administration
- Programming experience is valuable.
- Knowledge of federal and state regulations including FERPA, Veterans Educational Benefits, Title IV reporting, university student information systems and reporting software and Oklahoma State Regents of Higher Education academic policies (or equivalent).
- Must be able to do the best work in pressure situations.
- Attention to detail is essential as is creativity and the ability to think outside of the box.
- Coordination with multiple departments within the university is essential.
- Decisions that have a high impact on university policy and procedure are made on a daily basis requiring sound judgment.
- Works well in a fast-paced office environment.
- Must be able to help staff and maintain build positive relationships with students, faculty and university staff.
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality of information.
- Maintains compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) policy and its' procedures.
Benefits & Perks
Great Company Culture. Enjoy a Christian atmosphere.
Make No Little Plans Here. Everything you do makes a difference.
Great Team Members. People you'll enjoy being around.
Improve Your Health. Free access to the on-campus aerobic center.
Stay Sharp. Access to the ORU library and discounted tuition for yourself and dependents.
Rest and Relaxation. 10 days of paid vacation, 5 sick days and 10 days of paid holidays.
Fair Compensation. Based on your skills and experience.
Benefits. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, matched retirement savings and tuition for yourself and dependents.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS will include but not be limited to sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, reaching, repetitive motion, twisting of upper body, manual dexterity for operation of office machines and the ability to climb stairs. Occasional lifting of up to 25 lbs. Requires good visual and auditory skills and the ability to speak clearly.
Oral Roberts University employs, advances, admits, and treats in its employment and educational programs all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, status as a veteran or genetic information.
Error messages will appear here.