Oral Roberts University is a non-profit organization whose staff and faculty actually make a difference in the lives of its students. We pride ourselves on our culture and the values we uphold. Our team is passionate about what we do, and we want you to make us even better!
ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS UNTIL JANUARY 1ST, 2019.
- Full Time
Do you have a passion for working with people of all different cultures and backgrounds? Would you be interested in recruiting prospective international students to ORU's on-campus and online programs? The International Admissions Representative position may be perfect for you!
The International Admissions Representative position:
- Communicates with prospective International students by extensive phone and e-mail contact in a prompt manner. Develops relationships with prospects and leads them as they explore the educational opportunities presented by online study with ORU. Evaluates the quality or validity of interest levels from various resources determining what defines a potentially high-yielding, high-interest prospect versus one that is not. Responsible to meet daily, weekly and monthly goals as assigned by supervisor.
- Provides counsel for prospective International students, and parents as needed, regarding online academic programs of study and program requirements. Accountable for maintaining relationships with a designated pool of applicants, including informing applicants of acceptance, communicating relevant information with them and guiding them throughout the admissions process.
- Once students have been admitted to ORU, continues to serve as a point of contact that sees them through to the beginning of class, assisting them as they complete their registration steps. Introduces them to and connects them with their Success Coach (Academic Advisor).
- Responds to selected correspondence received in the Online Enrollment Office and initiates correspondence to selected prospects via phone calls, e-mails, texts, etc. Provides each with appropriate information sometimes requiring problem-solving with students having issues with regards to acceptance and/or special circumstances that may have a direct impact or their acceptance to the university.
- Motivates students to complete their admissions file. Determines issues that may be inhibiting movement through the system and works to resolve the issues. Resolves any unique issues that arise requiring special follow-up.
- Represents the University's online programs at University events as requested.
- Responsible for other recruitment tasks as assigned.
- High school diploma required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Two (2) years of related work experience in consultative sales, marketing, customer service or related field required.
- Must be computer literate to include: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. The ability to speak multiple languages is preferred.
- Must have excellent organizational and interpersonal skills and be able to articulate information well, both verbally and in written form.
- Must have an eye for detail due to the need for accurate record keeping/recording of information that is personal, monetary, and time-sensitive related.
- Must be self-motivated, be driven to meet goals, possess a strong work ethic and be able to prioritize.
- Must have the ability to exercise discretionary judgment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, leadership and time management skills are a must.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality at all times regarding both student records and internally sensitive information.
- Must have the ability to work both as a team member and independently; use sound judgment regarding organizational and departmental regulations, procedures, and policies; quickly establish and maintain rapport with students, faculty, alumni, administration, and parents from varying cultural backgrounds.
- Must have the ability to prioritize multi-tasks in the midst of a fast-paced, high-demand work environment while always maintaining a professional demeanor.
- Must remain flexible with regard to external factors that may affect the work schedule.
- Regular work schedule may vary, for example, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, 9:00 - 6:00 pm or 10:00 - 7:00 pm. Position may require incumbent to work outside of the normally scheduled office hours to include evenings and weekends as the need dictates. Must be flexible and willing to work evening and weekend hours that are necessary and associated with recruitment.
Benefits & Perks
Great Company Culture. Enjoy a Christian atmosphere.
Make No Little Plans Here. Everything you do makes a difference.
Great Team Members. People you'll enjoy being around.
Improve Your Health. Free access to the on-campus aerobic center.
Stay Sharp. Access to the ORU library and discounted tuition for yourself and dependents.
Rest and Relaxation. 10 days of paid vacation, 5 sick days and 10 days of paid holidays.
Fair Compensation. Based on your skills and experience.
Benefits. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, matched retirement savings and tuition for yourself and dependents.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS will include but not be limited to: sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, manual dexterity for use of office machines and equipment and occasional light to heavy lifting (for recruitment trips equipment). Must have the ability to hear and speak clearly and distinctly for effective communication with parents, students, faculty and staff both in person and through electronic or printed means. Vision to include: near, far, ability to distinguish colors, depth perception, and the ability to bring objects into focus.
Oral Roberts University employs, advances, admits, and treats in its employment and educational programs all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, status as a veteran or genetic information.
Error messages will appear here.