Oral Roberts University is a non-profit organization whose staff and faculty actually make a difference in the lives of its students. We pride ourselves in our culture and the values we uphold. Our team is passionate about what we do, and we want you to make us even better!
In support of ORU's aggressive growth goals, this position is responsible for directing and coordinating the operational aspects of the recruitment and retention of online learners.
HOURS OF WORK & ATTENDANCE:
Must be available and willing to work extended hours beyond the normally scheduled office hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. This may include some evening and weekend hours. Certain recruitment trips or opportunities for professional development may require travel by air and overnight stays.
Occasional out-of-town travel may be required. Travel to include: air and ground, personal vehicle may be required. Vehicles are available through the University motor pool.
- Directs all operational aspects of the online recruitment and success teams from first touchpoint with those interested in online learning through to application, admission, enrollment, matriculation and retention through graduation. Hires, develops, coaches and trains staff to represent the ORU ethos to prospective students and cultivate relationships with them. Reviews staff performance against key metrics and holds staff accountable for prompt, professional communication and meeting clear and measurable goals as appropriate. Determines work assignments and work schedules of the staff, including evening and weekend shifts as needed.
- Oversees the use of the CRM, SIS and project management/workflow technology tools for online recruitment and retention, ensuring consistent input across the team and adequate reporting capabilities to meet the needs of the team. Develops and monitors data to enhance recruitment strategies, yield management, forecasting and operational efficiency of the team. Works with Admissions and Information Technology to enhance the tools as needed.
- Establishes and maintains excellent working relationships with Admissions Operations, Admissions Enrollment, the Registrar's office, the Student Service Group, Financial Aid, Student Accounts, Marketing, Career Services, Student Resources, Spiritual Formation, International Representatives and the ULI, etc. in order to best serve the needs of prospective students.
- Develops, implements and updates the online recruitment plan in accordance with the University's Five Year Adaptive Plan.
- Provides input for the Admissions communication team, ORU Marketing and third parties as appropriate to develop a comprehensive marketing plan, advertising, personalized communication and recruitment communication for online learners.
- Works to continuously improve efficiencies and communication with online learners solve problems and improve flow of service to online learners.
- Conducts weekly coaching sessions for continuous professional development among the staff.
- Communicates effectively with internal stakeholders and external agencies and organizations for the purpose of obtaining information, cooperation or approval of desired actions to positively impact online enrollment.
- Manages relationships with third party servicers as assigned.
- Prepares written progress reports and makes presentations as requested.
- Knows, maintains, adheres and complies with all appropriate University policies, state and federal regulations and follows all standard operating procedures. Ensures that these policies are effectively communicated with prospective students.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A Master's degree is preferred with preference given to business, marketing, communication or other related fields.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in sales/recruitment/marketing in education or related field required.
- Demonstrated success in a performance-driven sales environment which utilizes metrics and measurements.
- Self-starter who is results-oriented with outstanding problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to train staff consultative selling, uncovering buying decisions and determining and meeting customer needs.
- Ability to identify and resolve complex problems efficiently, effectively, and independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to work effectively with staff, students and all levels of University administrators, as well as external agencies/groups and the public.
- Highly effective communicator, both orally (in person and by telephone) and in writing
- Capable of accomplishing multiple tasks within predetermined deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite Products and Internet required.
- Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures.
- Strong student-centered focus; commitment to student satisfaction and success.
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
- Desire to work in a progressive but competitive environment.
- Ability to multi-task, yet maintain close attention to detail and timeliness of work production.
- Ability to lead in a positive team-oriented manner with a variety of people. (Students, faculty, staff, administrators, vendors, and members of the general public)
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality of information.
- Maintains compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) policy and its' procedures.
Benefits & Perks
Great Company Culture. Enjoy a Christian atmosphere.
Make No Little Plans Here. Everything you do makes a difference.
Great Team Members. People you'll enjoy being around.
Improve Your Health. Free access to the on-campus aerobic center.
Stay Sharp. Access to the ORU library and discounted tuition for yourself and dependents.
Rest and Relaxation. 10 days of paid vacation, 5 sick days and 10 days of paid holidays.
Fair Compensation. Based on your skills and experience.
Benefits. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and matched retirement savings.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS will include but not be limited to: sitting, standing, walking, kneeling, bending, stooping, twisting of upper body, and manual dexterity for operation of office machines/equipment. Light to moderate lifting is required in the transportation of recruitment materials on recruiting trips. Vision to include: near, far, visual accommodation, color, and depth perception.
Oral Roberts University is accepting applications until December 1st, 2017.