Requirements to Enroll as a Freshman at ORU
Click on the link above to see what all we need to consider you for admission as a freshman at ORU.
Having trouble remembering what we need? Click on the link above to see our freshman application checklist.
We're delighted that you're considering enrollment at ORU. To be defined as a freshman, you should have earned fewer than 15 credit hours from a regionally accredited or otherwise recognized post-secondary institution since graduating from high school.
If you meet the following requirements, you will be considered for full acceptance.
If you do not meet all criteria, you may be granted probationary and/or conditional acceptance.
- Rank in the top 40 percent of your graduating class
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.6 or higher on a 4.0 scale or have scored at least 52 on your GED
Have an ACT score of 20 or higher or an SAT score of 1020 or higher (math and critical reading sections combined)
You can apply to ORU as early as the end of your junior year in high school by submitting your completed application, scholastic records, an SAT or ACT score and required references. Senior-year test scores and grades should be submitted when available.
Recommended High School Courses
Everyone admitted to ORU must have graduated from a secondary school or be the recipient of a GED. In order to prepare yourself for the challenges of college, we recommend you take the following courses during your secondary education:
- Four years of English
- Two years of a foreign language
- Two years of math including algebra and geometry or two years of algebra
- Two years of social studies
- Two years of science, one of which must be a laboratory science
- Four years of electives