Computing & Mathematics
Computer science and mathematics have infiltrated every aspect of our lives - driving
new technologies that help make people's lives and jobs easier. Earning a degree from
ORU's computing & mathematics department prepares you for high paying jobs in industry,
business, government and education. The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that over
the next ten years, the number of job openings in computing and mathematics related
fields will triple the number of available graduates. Our certificates, microcredentials,
minors, and degrees in actuarial science, data science, computer information technology,
computer science, mathematics, mathematics education and mathematical finance are
also excellent preparation for graduate work in these career fields. Under the direction
of caring, Christian scholars and teachers, you will explore these fascinating scientific
fields and graduate ready to go into every person's world.
Some of the outstanding features of this program:
- We're growing! Our department has doubled in size over the last five years, we have new computer labs, and a brand new high performance computer called Titan (the fastest supercomputer at any Christian university on Earth).
- The ORU Chapter of the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) encourages networking with professionals in the computer science field and greater awareness of technological advances.
- ORU's excellent professors will encourage you to participate in undergraduate research projects in areas such as high-performance computing, data science and informatics & analytics.
- Professors provide extensive individual attention to students, assuring they have full understanding of all concepts covered.
- You'll have the opportunity to enter fun and challenging competitions such as the ACM computer programming competition, the Putnam Exam and others. Last year, our ACM team placed second at the Global Hackathon held in St. Louis winning $2,500.
- Computer Information Technology
- Computer Science
- Mathematical Finance
- Mathematics Education
- Mathematics - Preactuary Concentration
- Mathematics - Prehealth Concentration
- Mathematics - Premedicine Concentration
ORU's Computing & Mathematics Advisory Council is an external group of alumni and friends of the department who provide advice and counsel on issues related to programs, accreditation, and fund-raising.
For more information about our department or programs, call 918.495.6705 or send an email to email@example.com.