Computing & Mathematics
Computer science and mathematics have and continue to impact our society in numerous
ways. When you study mathematics or computer information technology at ORU, you can
earn a degree that prepares you for employment in industry, business, government,
and education. Our degrees in mathematics, mathematics education, mathematics preactuary,
mathematical finance, mathematical physics, and computer information technology are
also excellent preparation for graduate work in these career fields. Under the direction
of caring, Christian scholars, you will explore these fascinating scientific fields
and graduate ready to go into every person's world.
Some of the outstanding features of this program:
- The ORU Chapter of the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) encourages networking with professionals in the computer science field and greater awareness of technological advances.
- ORU's Computer Club competed in the annual ACM South Central USA Regional Programming Contest.
- ORU's excellent professors will encourage you to participate in undergraduate research projects.
- Because of our small classes, professors are able to provide extensive individual attention to students, assuring they have full understanding of all concepts covered.
- You'll have the opportunity to enter fun and challenging competitions such as the ACM computer programming competition, the Putnam Exam, and others.
For more information, call 918.495.6705 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.