Music, in all its forms, is deeply woven into the fabric of life on the ORU campus. If you are interested in studying any aspect of music—from composition to performance or worship to music therapy—and you desire a Christian education that focuses on development of the whole person, you won't find a better place to study than ORU.
A few of the key advantages of our music programs include:
- ORU is an All Steinway School—the first in Tulsa. As an All Steinway School, ORU is
a member of a prestigious and select group of only 132 colleges and universities worldwide.
- If you are a piano major, you'll have access to five studio grand pianos for daily
practice as well as weekly opportunities to play Steinway Model D grand pianos during
applied lessons and student recitals.
- You'll have many opportunities to perform through various instrumental and vocal ensembles
as well as chapel and special worship services.
- Our instrumental and vocal applied lesson instructors are accomplished performers.
You will train with them in weekly one-on-one lessons.
- If you are a music education major, you'll have opportunities to observe and teach
within the public and private Christian schools in the Tulsa area prior to your student
- You'll learn to use the latest developments in music production equipment and software under the guidance of experienced studio and lab practitioners.
- Music Therapy major, you'll have access to a working Music Therapy clinic on campus for observation and clinical training.
- As aYou'll get lots of exposure to strong arts programs such as Tulsa Signature Symphony, Tulsa Ballet and Tulsa Opera as well as the opportunity to learn from visiting artists.
- The ORU music department is accredited by National Association of Schools of Music
- ORU is an American Music Therapy Association (AMTA) approved university.
The Audition Process
Auditions are held at the beginning of each semester as well as in conjunction with college weekends and Quest Wholer Person Events during the year for those desiring to major in Music, Musical Theatre or Worship, as well as those desiring to minor in Worship Leadership. Auditions take place in the Timko Barton Music Building. Please complete the "Request to Audition Form" to get more information and to schedule an audition or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. These auditions are for prospective music majors, music therapy majors, musical theatre majors, worship arts majors, worship leadership minors and for those who wish to participate in vocal and instrumental performance groups. In addition to the audition, applications are required for each of the major programs as well as the worship leadership minor. Those interested in Music Therapy as a major must also schedule an interview with the Music Therapy Program Director, Dr. Hayoung Lim email@example.com or 918.495.7505. Please click here to download your application.
|The deadline to audition and be considered for a scholarship is the Spring College Weekend prior to the year you plan to attend ORU.|