"Love God. Love People."
As part of the wing leadership team, the chaplain's key role is to build community on the floor and encourage students in their spiritual development through relationships, wing devotions and prayer.
The Chaplain program includes men's and women's wing chaplains and head chaplains who oversee activities for an entire dorm. These dedicated student leaders work in cooperation with the resident advisors (RAs) and the academic peer advisors (APAs) to meet the spiritual and practical needs of students.
What It Takes to Become a Chaplain:
- Apply for the chaplain program in mid-October of the year before you are wanting to serve.
- Participate in an application and internship process.
- Participate in leadership training classes.
For more information, contact the Chaplain Office:
- Carol Holderness, Women's Chaplain, 918.495.7726
- Dr. Clarence Boyd, Men's Chaplain/Dean of Spiritual Formation, 918.495.7767
"At the end of the day, being a chaplain is about building relationships and helping
people feel supported and part of the community. We help students grow in their faith."