Oklahoma Intercollegiate Legislature (OIL)
Hands-on Experience in State Government
Once a semester, the Oklahoma Intercollegiate Legislature (OIL) hosts a 5-day mock legislative session at the state capitol in Oklahoma City. In the past two years, ORU has won Best Overall recognition among delegations from more than 20 universities. In addition to the legislature, the event also includes moot court and executive branch presentations.
By participating in this extraordinary event, you will not only hone your networking skills but you will also gain first hand experience with the workings of state government. In addition, you have an opportunity to present your views before the actual state lawmakers. The event runs from Wednesday evening through Sunday afternoon. At the conclusion, a packet of the most compelling legislative ideas is delivered to the legislators and has resulted in the adoption of progressive changes in the state.
Reasons to Participate
- Discover what it is like to be a part of the state legislature.
- Meet current and future leaders in the state.
- Hone your abilities to think and express your ideas on paper and orally.
- Make new friendships with both ORU students and others from throughout the state.
- Enjoy the experience of a lifetime.
Overall Best Delegation -
1st Place - Senate Delegation
2nd Place - Journalism Competition
3rd Place - House Delegation