ORU Ad Club Members Win American Advertising AwardsBy Paty Torres-Rodriguez
Members of the Oral Roberts University Advertising Club won multiple awards in the 2015 American Advertising Federation (AAF) awards competition. The awards were announced at Oklahoma City’s American Advertising Federation Gala.
The American Advertising Awards, formerly the ADDYs, recognizes the advertising industry’s largest and most representative competition, attracting over 40,000 entries every year through local AAF Club competitions.
ORU student winners earned one gold, five silver and two bronze awards across Digital Advertising, Non-traditional Advertising, Collateral Material and Elements of Advertising categories and include:
- Thomas Aeschleman, Gold, Cinematography, Desperation Conference Recap
- Thomas Aeschleman, Silver, Cinematography, Heartwork
- River Freudenrich, Silver, Website, Starfield Hunters
- Dominique McCollum, Silver, Television, Gatsby Homecoming Commercial
- Dominique McCollum, Silver, Television, Easter Family Picnic
- Dominique McCollum, Silver, Television, Bring Life to Dead Hour with credits to Joy Chen, Keith Jackson, McKenzie Garber, Tyler Robins, Simon Hill, Ava Cooper, Trevon Dodge, Meckeznie Hood, Miles Hill
- Jade Schroder, Bronze, Website, Jade Nicole Blog
- Samantha Magnaye, Poster Campaign, Elote Café Lucha Events Poster Series
Gold award winning-entries move to the regional level. Regional gold winners then vie for national recognition.
“I didn’t expect to win, and the winning entries were quite impressive. I had always wanted to win an ADDY, so winning one this year means a lot to me,” said ORU Junior advertising student Samantha Magnaye.
As part of the national AAF organization, the ORU Advertising Club promotes professional development through regular monthly meetings, networking opportunities, field trips and regional and national internships. The chapter also competes annually in AAF’s National Student Advertising Competition.
Chapter events, activities and membership information may be found on Facebook (ORU Ad Club) and Twitter @ORUAAF.