Top five events highlight stellar year at Oral Roberts University
By Natasha Mitchell ('94)
Oral Roberts University ends 2011 with many notable achievements. Listed below are our top five stellar events.
- ORU Announces New Student Center Plans (February 2011): Oral Roberts University President Mark Rutland announces plan to build the Armand Hammer Alumni-Student Center. The anticipated announcement came during a Homecoming chapel service on Feb. 4. Construction on the new building will begin in the spring semester of 2012. Read more here: http://www.oru.edu/news/oru_news/20110926_hammer_center.php
- Governor Mary Fallin to Speak at ORU's Commencement Ceremony (March 2011): Governor Mary Fallin was announced as the commencement speaker for the Oral Roberts University class of 2011. Fallin was elected November 2, 2010, during a historic election in which she became the first-ever female governor of Oklahoma. Read more here: http://www.oru.edu/news/oru_news/20110310_governor_mary_fallin_to_speak_at_orus_commencement_ceremony.php
- Princeton Review names ORU "Best in the West" (August 2011): The Princeton Review named Oral Roberts University as one of the best colleges in the West. ORU is one of 121 institutions that The Princeton Review recommends in its "Best in the West" section of its website feature, "2012 Best Colleges: Region by Region," at www.PrincetonReview.com. Read more here: http://www.oru.edu/news/oru_news/20110802_princeton_review_list.php
- KJRH 2 Works for You donates TV set to ORU Multimedia Institute (September 2011): KJRH 2 Works for You in Tulsa donated their old TV news set to the Oral Roberts University Multimedia Institute last month. Read more here: http://www.oru.edu/news/oru_news/20110906_oru_kjrh_donation.php
- ORU dedicates ONEOK Executive Boardroom (November 2011): Oral Roberts University hosted an open house and dedication for the ONEOK Executive Boardroom (aka the ONEOK Shark Tank) at 2:30 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 17, on the third floor of the Graduate Center. Read more here: http://www.oru.edu/news/oru_news/20111114_shark_tank_dedication.php