ORU officially launches smartphone app
Oral Roberts University has officially launched its first application for iPhones, iPads, Android phones and Android tablets. This "app" contains features such as Sodexo menus, a campus map and a problem report center for prospective students, current students, faculty and staff.
"This app is one more tool that will help connect faculty and staff to the students' wants and needs," said Chief Information Officer Mark Bender, who assisted with designing the application.
After downloading the free application, the ORU logo appears followed by a menu with various features. Here are the app's current features:
- Campus maps: Displays an aerial view of the ORU campus.
- Sodexo Menu: Shows the Sodexo menu and assist one with keeping track of Sodexo Bucks, Eagle Bucks, meal tallies and allows one to replenish Eagle Bucks.
- Feeds: Uploads news stories from the ORU website.
- Surveys: Allows faculty and staff to retrieve feedback from students.
- City Guide: Allows Tulsa-area businesses to share specials and coupons.
- iReports: Students have the ability to send out questions, comments and concerns to specific departments such as security, dean of men and women and administration.
- Profile: Allows students to log into the application.
- Bill Pay: A convenient feature allowing students to make payments to student accounts.
- Support Center: Connects to vision for information from student accounts and updates involving registration and enrollment.
To download the app to your iPhone, go to the iTunes store and search for "ORU." From there, you can download the free app.
To download the app to your Android, go to the Android Market and search for "ORU." From there, you can download the free app.