ORU Chapel Offerings: Submit Your Proposal
Through its chapel missions offering program, Oral Roberts University has raised more than $300,000 in the past three years to help people in need around the world.
The committee that selects projects is now soliciting proposals for the fall 2012 semester. Selections will be made in July. ORU alumni are encouraged to submit proposals.
Each request should move the hearts of university students to develop in them an increased awareness of the needs of the world and lasting concern for missions.
Keep these guidelines in mind as you prepare your proposal:
- The project must be completed in a short period of time.
- It should be tangible, specific, and visible.
- It should not be an immediate “crisis” or “emergency” request.
- It should cost no more than $5,000.
- List each item and the specific cost of each item requested.
- Evidence of completion must be presented to the campus, via photos or in person.
- Please note: airline tickets, travel, feeding, monthly support, salaries, overhead expenses, training, general needs, large requests, etc., are not considered for these particular missions offerings.
Be sure to include the following information:
- Name and address of ministry receiving assistance
- Name of ministry to which the check should be payable
- Address to which check should be mailed
- Contact person at the ministry with e-mail address and telephone number
- Name and contact information (including e-mail) of person submitting request to the committee
Here are a few examples of projects that have been funded by ORU in the past:
- An orphanage needed a refrigerator for storing immunization vaccines, a cow for milk for the children, and an electric generator for electricity.
- Another orphanage that has 200 children who have been rescued from the streets needed a portable dental unit.
- An international Christian school needed to buy new desks and chairs for students.
- A municipality in Asia, where open Christian ministry is barred by law, does not provide water and buying water is expensive. They needed to bore two wells and install pipes and a tank to hold safe drinking water.
- A mud hut church was destroyed by severe rains and flooding and needed to be rebuilt.
E-mail your proposal and/or any questions to email@example.com.