Undergraduate Financial Assistance
Putting the Pieces Together to Pay for College
Working out the finances to attend college at ORU is a lot like assembling a jigsaw puzzle. At first it can feel overwhelming. It's important to know that there are resources aimed at assisting you fulfill your goal of earning a college degree, and that it's wise to pursue as many opportunities as possible. You may be offered one or more scholarships and also grant assistance. Along with your family, you may then decide to borrow some part of needed funds or make monthly payments. However, it comes together for you, know that investing in a college education is a solid investment in your future.
If you are attending ORU for the fall semester, please reference the checklist below to ensure your financial aid is complete!
- All students must be admitted to an ORU undergraduate or graduate degree program by the ORU Admissions Office in
order to receive financial aid.
- File your taxes. US citizens should file your tax returns electronically as soon as possible. Allow
about two weeks, and then begin the process of filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The time elapsed between the two processes allows you the option of automatically
populating portions of your FAFSA directly from you and your parents' IRS tax return.
- Fill out the FAFSA. Through completing the FAFSA, you will learn your eligibility for Federal Grant
and Loan assistance. It is also a required step for many scholarships offered by
the University and often by external sources as well. The FAFSA must be filed each
year you will be enrolled full time in the University. Click here to get started!
- Check your financial aid package. Students entering the University in the Fall semester are packaged with aid beginning
in February or March once the FAFSA is complete. Students entering in the Spring semester
are generally packaged in November. Students should access their email regularly
for online financial aid award notifications. You may view your financial aid package
by accessing http://vision.oru.edu.
- Accept your awards online. Complete your financial aid file via http://vision.oru.edu
- Turn in any requested documentation. You may access http://vision.oru.edu to complete your financial aid file. Mail documents to Oral Roberts University; ATTN:
Financial Aid Office; 7777 S. Lewis Ave; Tulsa, OK 74171 Fax documents to 918.495.6803.
- If you would like to investigate private/alternative loan lenders, go to educational loans
- If you plan to attend summer courses, federal financial aid may be available. Once you have enrolled in your summer class, print and submit your Summer Financial Aid Application. Applications submitted prior to April 1 are guaranteed to be processed prior to the beginning of the summer term. If you change your summer enrollment after you have been awarded aid, you will need to submit the Change of Enrollment form so the Financial Aid Office can review your aid for any changes.