Oral Roberts University is a non-profit organization whose staff and faculty actually make a difference in the lives of its students. We pride ourselves on our culture and the values we uphold. Our team is passionate about what we do, and we want you to make us even better!
CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR ALL POSITIONS UNTIL NOVEMBER 1, 2019.
- Full Time
The Special Projects & Alumni Coordinator will perform creative, logistical, and operational project management in relation to the preparation and execution of high-level department programs and initiatives. Tasks may range from planning and executing executive level meetings such as the Music Task Force or Media Task Force, to independently managing alumni engagement initiatives and facilitating the Ministry Relations and Corporate Relations donor programs. Additional projects range from creating major donor fundraising proposals and major donor updates for specific high dollar funding initiatives to serving VIP guests with the highest level of customer service in relation to department and university initiatives.
- Is responsible for projects relating to alumni and donor engagement and fundraising activities, initiatives, and programs, independently managing projects to completion. Informs the Director of Donor Relations, as needed.
- Independently manage and produce a variety of donor specific communication initiatives including major donor fundraising proposals and donor funding update pieces (securing photos, student stories, video clips, etc.) from idea conception to completion. These projects will impact major donations/fundraising for the University. Informing the Director of Development, Director of Donor Relations, and Associate Director of Donor Relations of results.
- Serve as primary point person and liaison to special guests, including major donors, corporate and ministry leaders, and the ORU Board of Reference, during events, meetings, and campus visits. Manages all VIP Donor requests visiting or calling the Office of Development & Alumni Relations, including major donors, corporate and ministry leaders, and all alumni and friends. Assigns department staff to ensure that VIP guest needs are met, such as securing transportation, campus tours, etc. at the highest level.
- Manage customized benefits for each VIP Corporate and Ministry Relations program, working closely with department and university staff to ensure timely and effective completion.
- Oversee the planning, determining the cost, and implementation of various VIP and donor/alumni engagement avenues, including high-level meetings such as the Music Task Force and Media Task Force, Board of Reference gathering, and Corporate and Ministry Relations visits. These events include high dollar donors and will facilitate high donor cultivation.
- Participates in the planning and implementation of various activities and engagement opportunities for donor giving societies including the President's Council and President's Circle. Manages and secures all retreat RSVPs for major donors, following up with donors, as needed, to confirm details.
- Participates with the planning and implementation various activities and engagement opportunities for major donor giving societies, including management of donor welcome kits and project specific thank you touches (letters, cards, photos, videos, etc.), special events, and other avenues as directed.
- Attend meetings, events, and other gatherings, as needed, in addition to or in place of the Vice President or department Directors, serving as a department delegate in the highest professional manner.
- Serve as the project manager for special department initiatives, events, and communications, creating, maintaining and facilitating progress toward completion. Updates the Vice President and department Directors of progress, challenges, and overall completion. Resolves all issues related to events and projects.
- Serve as point person and primary project manager for the Alumni Association Board of Directors and corresponding alumni engagement activities and programs such as City Connectors, Wingbackers, faculty appreciation, Alumni Board voting, etc. independently coordinating projects to completion.
- Attend all department events as assigned, maintaining the highest quality of customer service. Serve as event manager as needed- independently planning, coordinating, and producing meetings/events to the highest level to serve department fundraising and engagement goals.
- Systematically manage all assigned projects while delivering effective and timely results.
- Maintains a high level of "customer service" while assisting department visitors, callers, and event attendees. Attends events and performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: A Bachelor's degree in communication, PR, marketing, hospitality or other associated development areas is preferred but may be substituted for equivalent experience.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENT(S): Must possess a valid Oklahoma driver's license and have an excellent driving record for the purpose of occasional driving University vehicle.
- Requires a minimum of two years coordination experience to include dealing with the public and outside agencies. Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal, reading, written, mathematical, and conflict resolution skills. Ability to multi-task and self-manage. Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong work ethic, good judgement and maturity. Must have ability to handle stress and prioritize multi-tasks in an office with high customer/client traffic and calls. Ability to juggle multiple projects, meet tight deadlines, and have clear communication with co-workers and external vendors. Ability to create in an intense, sometimes-distracting office atmosphere with frequent interruptions. This person should be "well-read,"naturally inquisitive about people, and exhibit an innate desire for interaction. Must self-motivated be able to handle multi-tasks and demands, make on-the-spot decisions, and be flexible to changes. Computer experience must include Microsoft Word and Excel. Knowledge of Banner, Wealth Management a plus.
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality of information at all times.
- Maintains compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) policy and its' procedures.
Benefits & Perks
Great Company Culture. Enjoy a Christian atmosphere.
Make No Little Plans Here. Everything you do makes a difference.
Great Team Members. People you'll enjoy being around.
Improve Your Health. Free access to the on-campus aerobic center.
Stay Sharp. Access to the ORU library and discounted tuition for yourself and dependents.
Rest and Relaxation. 10 days of paid vacation, 5 sick days and 10 days of paid holidays.
Fair Compensation. Based on your skills and experience.
Benefits. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, matched retirement savings and tuition for yourself and dependents.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS will include but not be limited to: sitting, standing, bending, stooping, squatting, twisting of upper body, minimal lifting of up to 50 pounds, the ability to climb hand-over-hand and manual dexterity for the operation of office machines and/or equipment. Vision to include: near, far, color, visual accommodation, depth perception and field of vision. Must be able to hear clearly and distinctly.
Oral Roberts University employs, advances, admits, and treats in its employment and educational programs all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, status as a veteran or genetic information.
Error messages will appear here.