Oral Roberts University is a non-profit organization whose staff and faculty actually make a difference in the lives of its students. We pride ourselves on our culture and the values we uphold. Our team is passionate about what we do, and we want you to make us even better!
CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR ALL POSITIONS UNTIL OCTOBER 1, 2019.
- Full Time
The State and International Compliance Officer reviews state, federal, and international education legal regulations for university educational presence, prepares and submits appropriate applications and/or secures approval to operate in applicable states/countries. This position ensures current compliance with NC-SARA, assists with Higher Learning Commission reports and any other related requirements on an on-going basis.
- Review federal, state, and international educational legal requirements and any related compliance requirements.
- Submits NC-SARA annual application and other reports to obtain approval to operate at the national & state level, including related budgetary requests.
- Serve as a liaison to various academic and administrative departments within ORU to ensure compliance with the various accreditation, federal and legal educational requirements.
- Submit reports required to maintain approval and keep administrators up-to-date on an on-going basis.
- Assist with HLC applications for Additional Locations
- Assist in the preparation of Articulation Agreements with outside institutions.
- Works to assure accreditation compliance regarding Online licensure and internship activity in other states and international locations in accordance with NC-SARA and federal requirements.
- Assist with Institutional Effectiveness continuous improvement efforts.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Master's degree (doctorate preferred) in an appropriate academic discipline. Degree should be related to Higher Education Administration or an appropriate equivalent with directly relevant experience.
- Must have at least one year of experience with higher education regarding policies, procedures, and federal compliance.
- Must have a thorough understanding of university operations including marketing, recruitment, admissions, financial aid, registration, course requirements and design, and administration.
- Must be able to use Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe Reader, and perform extensive research on the internet.
- Must be detail-oriented; able to multi-task; have project management skills; a strong understanding of the institution; able to connect data, policies, and individuals across various sectors/departments of the university; able to condense vast amounts of information into useable documents; able to communicate clearly and comprehensively; keep accurate up-to-date records; have problem solving skills involving identification and analysis of diverse issues; have a strategic perspective with regard to higher education and the business of distance education; able to facilitate decision-making; able to participate in risk analysis decisions and meet deadlines.
- Requires regular, continuous contact with internal and external constituencies to discuss issues of importance and to respond to inquiries. May require occasional training both online and/or attendance at seminars regarding state authorization compliance requirements and trends.
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality of information. Maintains compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) policy and its' procedures.
Benefits & Perks
Great Company Culture. Enjoy a Christian atmosphere.
Make No Little Plans Here. Everything you do makes a difference.
Great Team Members. People you'll enjoy being around.
Improve Your Health. Free access to the on-campus aerobic center.
Stay Sharp. Access to the ORU library and discounted tuition for yourself and dependents.
Rest and Relaxation. 10 days of paid vacation, 5 sick days and 10 days of paid holidays.
Fair Compensation. Based on your skills and experience.
Benefits. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, matched retirement savings and tuition for yourself and dependents.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS will include but not be limited to: Normal office environment, which is accessible by stairs, elevator, ramp and electronic chair lift. Requires sitting, standing, bending, stooping, walking, manual dexterity for operation of office machines/computer equipment, and twisting of upper body. Must have the ability to hear clearly and distinctly for effective communication. Vision to include: near, far, visual accommodation, color and depth perception.
Oral Roberts University employs, advances, admits, and treats in its employment and educational programs all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, status as a veteran or genetic information.
Error messages will appear here.