Oral Roberts University is a non-profit organization whose staff and faculty actually make a difference in the lives of its students. We pride ourselves on our culture and the values we uphold. Our team is passionate about what we do, and we want you to make us even better!
CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR ALL POSITIONS UNTIL OCTOBER 1, 2019.
- Full Time
Prepares academic Education Plans for students in the undergraduate online learning programs. Responsible for ensuring that Online & Lifelong Learning students are set up with an optimal path to graduation. Specializes in monitoring online-degree students who are in their anticipated last year of study and in coordinating Online & Lifelong Learning special events and projects related to graduation.
- Prepares academic Education Plans for students admitted into undergraduate online learning programs that contain a term-by-term schedule and an outline of program study that accounts for transfer credits. Ensures that each online-degree student under his/her responsibility is set up with an optimal path to graduation, including approving transfer evaluation credit and maintaining the Ed Plan from semester to semester as each student progresses through the degree program. Has authority to override any conflict in the students Ed Plan for the degree program.
- Provides direction to Admissions Representative and/or Success Coach concerning the Ed Plan and determines pathway for any conflict resolutions concerning options for transfer credit that do not fall into pre-approved guidelines.
- Coordinates with the Registrars office (1) to ensure consistency of procedures and practices and (2) to maximize operational efficiencies between Online & Lifelong Learning and the Registrars office.
- Monitors online-degree students who are in their final year before their anticipated graduation term and provides Success Coaches with direction to optimize each students path toward ORU degree completion.
- Coordinates Online & Lifelong Learning special events and projects, including the Online Medal Ceremony.
- Completes other tasks as assigned.
EDUCATION: Requires a Bachelors degree; Masters degree preferred.
EXPERIENCE/ SKILLS/ ABILITIES:
- Requires two years of experience preferably in higher education staff/administration. Prior experience in working with adult learners preferred. Will be an ambassador for ORU and must be able to perform as such. Must be able to exhibit genuine enthusiasm about ORU; be sensitive to the needs of adult learners, faculty, and staff members; and communicate well with them.
- Must be computer-literate. Knowledge of Elucian (Banner) and SalesForce software is beneficial. Must have a basic working knowledge of MS Word and Excel. Good reading, mathematical, oral, written, grammatical, proofreading, computer, and organizational skills are a must. Must be able to articulate thoughts well and have an eye for detail. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are paramount for effective communication with people from various backgrounds and cultures.
- Incumbent must be naturally a self-starter. Position requires accuracy of data entry, critical thinking, ability to multi-task, and strong interpersonal skills.
Must have the ability to:
- Maintain composure in a fast-pace, high-pressure environment and be willing to work additional hours during peak enrollment times.
- Work both as a team member and independently.
- Use sound judgment regarding organizational and departmental regulations, procedures, and policies.
- Handle multi-tasks in the midst of a sometimes fast-paced office and event related environment.
- Maintain a professional demeanor at all times, especially for the purpose of receiving and transmitting information.
- Quickly establish and maintain rapport with students, parents, faculty, alumni, and administration.
- Maintain high confidentiality of information, given the nature and scope of information that is available in this and other interrelated offices.
- Maintains compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) policy and its procedures.
Benefits & Perks
Great Company Culture. Enjoy a Christian atmosphere.
Make No Little Plans Here. Everything you do makes a difference.
Great Team Members. People you'll enjoy being around.
Improve Your Health. Free access to the on-campus aerobic center.
Stay Sharp. Access to the ORU library and discounted tuition for yourself and dependents.
Rest and Relaxation. 10 days of paid vacation, 5 sick days and 10 days of paid holidays.
Fair Compensation. Based on your skills and experience.
Benefits. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, matched retirement savings and tuition for yourself and dependents.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS will include but not be limited to: Sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, twisting of upper body, and manual dexterity for operation of office machines/equipment. Vision to include: near, far, visual accommodation, color, and depth perception. Must be able to hear sound(s) clearly and distinctly in order to effectively respond to or reiterate information to recipients.
Oral Roberts University employs, advances, admits, and treats in its employment and educational programs all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, status as a veteran or genetic information.
Error messages will appear here.