Oral Roberts University is a non-profit organization whose staff and faculty actually make a difference in the lives of its students. We pride ourselves on our culture and the values we uphold. Our team is passionate about what we do, and we want you to make us even better!
Acts as primary contact for students, parents, university personnel, and other involved parties concerning students accounts. Verifies, researches, analyzes, and audits transactions in regards to payments and balances and refunds of students accounts.
- Administer Tuition Management (TMS) payment plan for all online and students to include analyzing, setting-up and adjusting payment plans to cover all charges to students account. Provide exemplary customer service to students and bill payers. Approves/verifies adjustments to payment plans with TMS ensuring payments cover the total cost of tuition.
- Track balances and resolve delays in payments with TMS accounts. Remain in contact with online students, and counsel on delinquent TMS accounts, and options for payment.
- Initiate, review, and approve refund lists for processing.
- Analyze, prepare, and approve adjustments/corrections to students accounts.
- To all students and families, and University departments provide in-depth guidance and resolve problems related to students account via e-mail, in person, and/or phone.
- Counsel and advises online students regarding charges and credits to their accounts.
- Partner with Distance Learning and their students regarding student accounts. Completes registration paperwork, reviews accounts with the students, and approves refunds. This person is the liaison between Student Accounts and Online Learning Department.
- Communicate effectively with Online Students regarding university policies, procedures and provide high touch customer service as needed.
- Review accounts for enrollment fee forfeiture.
- Serves as information expert for the tellers, collections, and secretary as needed.
- Train tellers to assist with TMS functions.
- Assist Director in determining appropriate detail codes to use when making adjustments to ensure proper recording of Student Accounts entries to the general ledger and proper reporting on university financial statements.
- Assist Director with balance sheet reconciliations between Student Accounts and General Ledger as needed including research to determine corrections needed either on Student Accounts side or General Ledger side to clear balances.
- Liaison with Registrars office regarding all things VA, Chapters 31, 33, and 35. When VA wires are received, confirm certification and code for posting to students accounts.
- Create billing statements for receipt of funds for Texas Tomorrow, Hille Foundation, Cherokee Nation, Creek Nation, Employee Reimbursement Programs, and any special requests after the end of drop/add each semester.
- Any other projects deemed necessary by management.
EDUCATION: Requires an Associates degree, Bachelors degree preferred.
- Requires two years of customer service, accounts receivable, collections, accounting, or billing type of experience.
- Must be able to handle problems involving several variables and resolve them efficiently.
- Requires the ability to use knowledge of accounting principles, the organization and departmental procedures and policies, and make judgments and decisions on issues.
- Must be able to work under stress and effectively handle situations dealing with upset individuals.
- Must be able to timely meet deadlines and adjust from one assignment to another without frustration or anxiety.
- Must be highly organized and have great attention for detail.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing is essential.
- Good mathematical, interpersonal, multitasking skills are essential.
- Strong computer skills to include MS Office is required and the ability to learn other computer systems/software.
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality of information.
- Maintains compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) policy and its procedures.
Benefits & Perks
Great Company Culture. Enjoy a Christian atmosphere.
Make No Little Plans Here. Everything you do makes a difference.
Great Team Members. People you'll enjoy being around.
Improve Your Health. Free access to the on-campus aerobic center.
Stay Sharp. Access to the ORU library.
Fair Compensation. Based on your skills and experience.
Benefits. Matched retirement savings.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS will include but not be limited to: Walking, sitting, crouching, squatting, stooping, twisting of upper body, and manual dexterity for operation of office machines/equipment. Visual requirements are near, far, depth, color, and visual accommodation to bring objects into sharp focus.
Oral Roberts University employs, advances, admits, and treats in its employment and educational programs all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, status as a veteran or genetic information.
Error messages will appear here.