Oral Roberts University is a non-profit organization whose staff and faculty actually make a difference in the lives of its students. We pride ourselves on our culture and the values we uphold. Our team is passionate about what we do, and we want you to make us even better!
CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR ALL POSITIONS UNTIL AUGUST 1, 2019.
- Full Time
In support of ORUs aggressive growth goals, the Success Coach serves as an ombudsman to a selected group of online learners for the purpose of helping them complete their educational goals, communicating regularly and providing assistance to each student as needed.
- Represents the University to a selected group of online learners, serving as each students point person, first point of contact and hands/feet as necessary to help the student navigate the Universitys processes and procedures.
- Monitors each students progress toward completing course registration each term. Answers questions, works to help the student clear up issues and questions that may arise. Calls students, sends reminders, etc.
- Assists each student in developing a success plan and realistic goals that will contribute to academic and personal achievement in college; develops relationships that foster developmental conversations; motivates students to achieve their educational goals.
- Coordinates and integrates initiatives that promote and enhance student engagement by the online learners. Supports, encourages, and connects online learners to available services to resolve issues.
- Pro-actively communicates with each student on course completion, issues related to enrollment and degree completion.
- Cultivates a relationship between the online learner and ORU to develop an understanding of the universitys culture and systems.
- Develops and maintains excellent working relationships with ORU departments who also provide service to online learners, maintaining open lines of communication and fostering an atmosphere of continuous improvement.
EDUCATION: Bachelors degree required.
EXPERIENCE: Two (2) years of related work experience in higher education, customer service or related field required.
SKILLS: Must be computer literate to include: Word, Excel and Power Point. The ability to speak multiple languages is a plus.
- Must have excellent organizational and interpersonal skills and be able to articulate information well, both verbally and in written form.
- Must have an eye for detail due to the need for accurate record keeping/recording of information that is personal, monetary, and time-sensitive related.
- Must be self-motivated, be driven to meet goals, possess a strong work ethic and be able to prioritize.
- Must have the ability to exercise discretionary judgment.
- Excellent problem solving skills, leadership and time management skills are a must.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality at all times regarding both student records and internally sensitive information.
- Must have the ability to work both as a team member and independently; use sound judgment regarding organizational and departmental regulations, procedures, and policies; quickly establish and maintain rapport with students, faculty, alumni, administration, and parents from varying cultural backgrounds.
- Must have the ability to prioritize multi-tasks in the midst of a fast-paced, high-demand work environment while always maintaining a professional demeanor.
- Must remain flexible with regard to external factors that may affect the work schedule.
Benefits & Perks
Great Company Culture. Enjoy a Christian atmosphere.
Make No Little Plans Here. Everything you do makes a difference.
Great Team Members. People you'll enjoy being around.
Improve Your Health. Free access to the on-campus aerobic center.
Stay Sharp. Access to the ORU library and discounted tuition for yourself and dependents.
Rest and Relaxation. 10 days of paid vacation, 5 sick days and 10 days of paid holidays.
Fair Compensation. Based on your skills and experience.
Benefits. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, matched retirement savings and tuition for yourself and dependents.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS will include but not be limited to: sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, manual dexterity for use of office machines and equipment and occasional light to heavy lifting (for recruitment trips equipment). Must have the ability to hear and speak clearly and distinctly for effective communication with parents, students, faculty and staff both in person and through electronic or printed means. Vision to include: near, far, ability to distinguish colors, depth perception, and the ability to bring objects into focus.
Oral Roberts University employs, advances, admits, and treats in its employment and educational programs all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, status as a veteran or genetic information.
Error messages will appear here.