Oral Roberts University is a non-profit organization whose staff and faculty actually make a difference in the lives of its students. We pride ourselves on our culture and the values we uphold. Our team is passionate about what we do, and we want you to make us even better!
CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR ALL POSITIONS UNTIL JUNE 1, 2019.
- Full Time
Works in the implementation of student success and retention programs and initiatives to proactively address student and parent concerns as well as barriers to persistence.
- Provides guidance, leadership, coaching, mentoring and academic plans for students determined to be at risk of attrition. Specific at risk categories include: Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP), Institutional and Merit aid probation, and Accepted on Academic Probation. Assists parents of ORU students at events throughout the year. Establishes relationships; follows up and tracks their students. Responds to parent inquiries.
- Prepares, compiles, processes and maintains various retention-related statistical data, including daily, weekly and monthly reports.
- Assists Director in meeting retention goals.
- Maintains the ORU parent website.
- Provides training and trouble shoots for academic departments in the area of utilizing retention software.
EDUCATION: Requires a Bachelors degree in related field, such as: Education, Business, or Counseling.
- Prefer two years University related, exempt level experience. Must have previous experience with effective communication and problem solving strategies. Must be able to effectively communicate ORUs policies and procedures to parents and students verbally and in writing.
- Prefer familiarity with Banner Software Program.
- Prefer competency in SQL Plus programming language.
- Prefer collegiate federal financial aid background.
- Must have a customer service mindset and excellent organizational skills. Computer experience should include MS Word & Excel. Requires good grammar, punctuation, mathematical, spelling, and proofreading skills. Must have an eye for detail and the ability to work under stress while meeting prescribed deadlines. Must have the ability to learn quickly and use good judgment regarding policies and procedures.
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality of information.
- Must maintain compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) policy and its procedures
Benefits & Perks
Great Company Culture. Enjoy a Christian atmosphere.
Make No Little Plans Here. Everything you do makes a difference.
Great Team Members. People you'll enjoy being around.
Improve Your Health. Free access to the on-campus aerobic center.
Stay Sharp. Access to the ORU library and discounted tuition for yourself and dependents.
Rest and Relaxation. 10 days of paid vacation, 5 sick days and 10 days of paid holidays.
Fair Compensation. Based on your skills and experience.
Benefits. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, matched retirement savings and tuition for yourself and dependents.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS will include but not be limited to: sitting, standing, walking, bending, crouching, stooping, twisting of upper body, and manual dexterity for operation of office machines and/or equipment. Good near, far, color vision and depth perception and good hearing.
Oral Roberts University employs, advances, admits, and treats in its employment and educational programs all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, status as a veteran or genetic information.
Error messages will appear here.