Oral Roberts University is a non-profit organization whose staff and faculty actually make a difference in the lives of its students. We pride ourselves on our culture and the values we uphold. Our team is passionate about what we do, and we want you to make us even better!
ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS UNTIL JANUARY 1ST, 2019.
- Full Time
The Director of Development is responsible for planning and implementing a comprehensive fundraising plan in developing the friends & alumni giving base. Develop and implement a strategic comprehensive giving program this may include operational, capital, planned and endowment. Works to develop strong relationships with individual donors, alumni, foundations, corporations and friends of the university for the purpose of securing major gifts, corporate donations, and in-kind resources. Implements the process and protocol to cultivate, and solicit new prospects and current donors. Oversees the management of all fundraising activities. Implements the process and protocol to identify, cultivate, and solicit new prospects and current donors, as well as the supervision of assigned staff.
- Works with the Vice President of Advancement to oversee the university fundraising programs; develops and implements various fundraising strategies, methods and activities to ensure proper cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors; evaluates the effectiveness of development programs and securing gifts at various levels; generates reports.
- Together with the VP, they are responsible for planning fund-raising strategy and for carrying out specific projects. Identifies potential sponsors and settles on the appropriate targets for funding. Including direct mail, donor hooks, specific asks, and proposals.
- Work with the VP on developing solicitation activities within specific market segments identified as having the potential for the greatest growth; executes programs supporting overall university giving.
- Develops, plans and implements internal ORU faculty & staff engagement and giving programs.
- Supervises and coordinates the work of assigned staff; providing training, guidance, and best practices tools that will be used in the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of the university's constituents; maintains appropriate tracking, measurement and reporting to ensure progress.
- Manage their own caseload of prospects and donors for cultivation and solicitation; works to cultivate new major gift donors and President's Circle members. Works to achieve personal and department annual goals as developed in conjunction with the VP of Advancement.
- Develops strategically planned giving requests based on long-term funding goals of the organization; works to successfully achieve fundraising goals: identify, cultivate, solicit and steward planned giving prospects and donors.
- Increase the percentage of alumni who make a financial investment in the college on an annual basis.
- Designs and implements strategies for alumni/donor giving campaigns and cultivation strategies for preserving and growing the number of donors. Strategies include relationship building programs and special events which take into consideration various affinity and generational groups; cultivate and/or initiate contact with the non-donor and first-time donor into a committed financial supporter.
- Developing and implementing comprehensive cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies,
- reviewing prospect pool results, preparing individualized donor proposals and other correspondence and developing relationships with colleagues to stay informed of emerging institutional needs.
- Supervise and implement a moves management system with fundraising staff to ensure that prospects are being developed to become donors.
- Establish annual goals and monitor progress toward individual and department goals/KPIs
- Other duties as assigned to achieve the responsibilities of the position and department
- Bachelor's Degree (A Master's degree is preferred. A degree from ORU is strongly preferred. A thorough understanding of the University is helpful. Degrees in Business, Public Relations, Marketing or a related field are preferred.)
- At least two years of experience in fundraising, sales or marketing related work.
- Experience in working with donor management/moves management programs/software
- Excellent customer service skills sufficient to effectively communicate in person, by email, mail, and on the phone in order to maintain a professional image and strong working relationships with internal and external customers
- Strong writing and oral presentation skills
- Experience in collaborative designing of effective communications through a variety of mediums
- Must possess a valid Oklahoma driver's license and have an excellent driving record for the purpose of driving university leased vehicles.
- Should be proficient in the use of Microsoft software to include Word, Excel, and Access. Familiarity with development database systems is a plus.
- Must have proven success in conducting effective market analysis for the purpose of educating, cultivating and soliciting target group.
- Must have a demonstrated record of fundraising accomplishments and an engaging, energetic and enthusiastic professional with a desire to enhance the personal relationship of every alumnus. Must be a "connector of people" to link alumni with other alumni or the university.
- Must be able to articulate thoughts well for the purpose of effectively communicating information one-on-one, in groups or in large public settings.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are paramount for effective communication with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Has a displayed ability to be a self-starter and works well both as a team member and independently.
- Must have an eye for detail with regard to mailing pieces and all other forms of communications going to Alumni.
- Good reading, mathematical, oral, written, grammatical, editing, and proofreading skills are a must.
- Must be able to maintain organization within a busy office environment.
- Must have the ability to handle the stress associated with meeting deadlines for multiple projects in the midst of handling interruptions.
- Requires the ability to organize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail and prioritization to meet deadlines.
- Must have the ability to exercise diplomacy when confronted with difficult questions or situations.
- This person stays "well-read" for the purpose of keeping up with current events both internally and externally.
- Must be able to exercise sound judgment regarding organizational and departmental regulations, procedures, and policies.
- Quickly establishes and maintains rapport with alumni, students, faculty, university staff, and administration. Works cooperatively with a variety of personalities.
- Maintains confidentiality of information given the nature and scope of information that is available in this and other interrelated offices.
- Maintains compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) policy and its' peocedures.
- Five years of experience in fundraising, sales or marketing related worked
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience with budgets
- Experience conducting mailings
- Experience working directly with individual donors to raise funds
- Supervisory experience
Benefits & Perks
Great Company Culture. Enjoy a Christian atmosphere.
Make No Little Plans Here. Everything you do makes a difference.
Great Team Members. People you'll enjoy being around.
Improve Your Health. Free access to the on-campus aerobic center.
Stay Sharp. Access to the ORU library and discounted tuition for yourself and dependents.
Rest and Relaxation. 10 days of paid vacation, 5 sick days and 10 days of paid holidays.
Fair Compensation. Based on your skills and experience.
Benefits. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, matched retirement savings and tuition for yourself and dependents.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS will include but not be limited to: sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, twisting of upper body, and manual dexterity for operation of office machines/equipment. Vision to include: near, far, visual accommodation, color, and depth perception. Must be able to hear sounds clearly and distinctly in order to effectively receive, understand and reiterate information.
Most work is inside with normal air conditioning and heating. Occasional events may require being outdoors. The office is properly illuminated and climate controlled.
Oral Roberts University employs, advances, admits, and treats in its employment and educational programs all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, status as a veteran or genetic information.
Error messages will appear here.