Oral Roberts University is a non-profit organization whose staff and faculty actually make a difference in the lives of its students. We pride ourselves on our culture and the values we uphold. Our team is passionate about what we do, and we want you to make us even better!
ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS UNTIL JANUARY 1ST, 2019.
- Full Time
The Staff Accountant position prepares, processes, records, reconciles, analyzes, adjusts and reports financial data to include journals and reconciliations of balance sheet accounts.
- Performs bank reconciliations of 15 bank accounts which require analysis of bank data and general ledger entries to ensure the general ledger cash accounts are accurately reported. This includes research to identify automated credit card feeds to the general ledger and batch deposit totals for the monthly bank reconciliation, researching unreconciled items, identifying correcting entries needed and facilitating those corrections to the GL and/or bank as necessary.
- Auxiliary reporting to include accounting for 1) Cityplex activity - keeping lease & amendment activity current for approximately 90 tenants on 110 floors including preparation of monthly tenant billings, 2) Mabee Center activity for approximately 80 events, 3) summer camp activity, and 4) all-conference & event service activity
- Prepare and enter monthly journal entries to record 1) interest earned a net of monthly bank expenses, 2) endowment activity for funds held at BOK, 3) securities activity, and 4) deferred gifts.
- Post-award grant accounting for assigned grants involving grant fund set up, budget entry, approval of requisitions per budget and grant guidelines, billing, and financial reporting as required by the grant.
- Prepares work papers and schedules to support the annual financial report as required by auditors in connection with the fiscal year-end audit, assists with tax return preparation
- Prepare monthly funds transfers including the proper general ledger entries as needed to move funds to the appropriate bank account in support of the monthly bank interest entry, reimbursements to the operating budget, expense corrections between accounts, etc.
- Other duties as assigned including, 1) petty cash audits throughout the university, 2) approving accounts payable requisitions, 3) distributing daily bank activity to appropriate personnel, 4) preparing department financial reports as needed, 5) preparing a monthly claim on cash report, and 6) various monthly balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance with a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in accounting coursework.
- One to three years of experience is preferred but will consider recent graduate.
- Must be computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Word and intermediate Excel abilities.
- Experience with computerized financial systems preferred.
- Requires good communication, organizational, interpersonal, mathematical, bookkeeping, statistical analysis, and proofreading skills.
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to work under stress while dealing with deadlines and time pressures.
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality of information.
- Maintains compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) policy and its procedures.
Benefits & Perks
Great Company Culture. Enjoy a Christian atmosphere.
Make No Little Plans Here. Everything you do makes a difference.
Great Team Members. People you'll enjoy being around.
Improve Your Health. Free access to the on-campus aerobic center.
Stay Sharp. Access to the ORU library and discounted tuition for yourself and dependents.
Rest and Relaxation. 10 days of paid vacation, 5 sick days and 10 days of paid holidays.
Fair Compensation. Based on your skills and experience.
Benefits. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, matched retirement savings and tuition for yourself and dependents.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS will include but not be limited to standing, walking, bending, stooping, reaching, repetitive motion, twisting of upper body, manual dexterity for operation of machines/equipment, the ability to climb stairs, and lifting up to 25 lbs. of storage boxes on occasion. May be exposed to dust/mites associated with paper usage. Vision requirements are near, far, color, depth perception, and the ability to bring objects into sharp focus. Must be able to hear clearly and distinctly.
Oral Roberts University employs, advances, admits, and treats in its employment and educational programs all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, status as a veteran or genetic information.
Error messages will appear here.