Oral Roberts University is a non-profit organization whose staff and faculty actually make a difference in the lives of its students. We pride ourselves on our culture and the values we uphold. Our team is passionate about what we do, and we want you to make us even better!
ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS UNTIL JANUARY 1ST, 2019.
- Full Time
Do you enjoy light design and implementation for events? Do you have experience with programming lights and those specific logistics associated with productions? Apply today!
- Primary intelligent lighting programmer for chapels, concerts and other ORU special events in Mabee Center (Concerts, Chapel Services, Campus Worship, meetings, classes, lectures, special events, sporting events, etc.).
- Assists in the setup, installation, planning, and operation of audio, visual and lighting equipment on the ORU campus.
- Assists other Audio & Visual Engineers with concert and production setup, operation and teardown of pro AVL equipment.
- Works in conjunction with clients to provide lighting design to enhance the event.
- Works with fellow AVL engineers in meeting sound, video and lighting requirements for assigned University, Mabee Center, GLC and outside client events and that are held on campus.
- Works in conjunction with fellow audio & visual engineers by providing primary oversight of audio, visual and lighting (AVL) equipment during functions as instructed. Ensures successful performance of equipment.
- Prepares proposals for replacement, repair, and preventive maintenance of audio, visual and lighting support equipment. Contacts proposed vendors, prepares price estimates, Purchase Requisitions, etc.
- Experience with Grand MA lighting consoles and visualization software such as WYSIWYG are required.
- Proven ability in operating audio-visual-lighting equipment, including sound systems, video projection systems, computer-based video presentations, general A/V equipment, and intelligent lighting equipment. Must have a working knowledge of large-scale sound reinforcement systems and experience with setting up and/or operation of pro AVL equipment. Requires the ability to read and understand charts, diagrams, schematics and/or blueprints.
- Ability to create lighting plots in Vectorworks or similar CAD software. Must have a working knowledge of large-scale lighting networks using sACN and Artnet protocols. A general understanding of electrical load calculations, as well as working knowledge of safe rigging practices, is required.
- Previous experience in supervising student workers or other staff personnel is strongly preferred. Must be computer literate to include Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Good interpersonal, written, mathematical, and verbal communication skills are a must in regards to effective, consistent and accurate communication with related staff, student workers and the general public. Must be able to troubleshoot problems, provide suitable solutions quickly and accurately, and work under stress.
- Must exhibit the ability to take direction and responsibility for follow-up of assigned tasks to ensure they are completed satisfactorily, accurately, and on time.
- Must have the ability to prioritize multi-tasks in the midst of a fast-paced, high-demand, and sometimes-unpredictable work environment. Requires the ability to work without constant supervision and within a framework of specific guidelines.
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality of information.
- Maintains compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) policy and its' procedures.
Benefits & Perks
Great Company Culture. Enjoy a Christian atmosphere.
Make No Little Plans Here. Everything you do makes a difference.
Great Team Members. People you'll enjoy being around.
Improve Your Health. Free access to the on-campus aerobic center.
Stay Sharp. Access to the ORU library and discounted tuition for yourself and dependents.
Rest and Relaxation. 10 days of paid vacation, 5 sick days and 10 days of paid holidays.
Fair Compensation. Based on your skills and experience.
Benefits. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, matched retirement savings and tuition for yourself and dependents.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS will include but not be limited to sitting, standing, bending, stooping, walking, crouching, manual dexterity for operation of electronic equipment related to the field and office machines/computer equipment, twisting of upper body, and the ability to climb hand-over-hand. Vision to include: near, far, visual accommodation, color, peripheral and depth perception. Must have the ability to hear sounds clearly and distinctly in order to be able to distinguish tonal variances. There will be occasional exposure to dust/mites and electrical hazards associated with the related equipment. Occasional to a frequent lifting of up to 75 pounds or more. The department's primary location is properly illuminated and climate controlled. There is exposure to varying temperatures, visual accommodation, color, peripheral, depth perception and environmental conditions both inside and outside of buildings as the nature of the work dictates. Must have the ability to hear sounds clearly and distinctly in order to be able to distinguish tonal variances. There will be occasional exposure to dust/mites and electrical hazards associated with the related equipment. Occasional to a frequent lifting of up to 75 pounds or more.
Oral Roberts University employs, advances, admits, and treats in its employment and educational programs all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, status as a veteran or genetic information.
Error messages will appear here.