Oral Roberts University is a non-profit organization whose staff and faculty actually make a difference in the lives of its students. We pride ourselves on our culture and the values we uphold. Our team is passionate about what we do, and we want you to make us even better!
The Receptionist position supports the recruitment staff of Admissions Counselors by providing clerical support such as answering Admissions phone calls, responding to inquiries, and data entry.
- Answers phone in a professional manner providing callers with helpful information and answering questions whenever possible; routes calls to Admissions Counselors as appropriate; records information about calls in Banner Relationship Management (BRM) as appropriate.
- Serves as a welcome host for scheduled and walk-in visitors. Assists scheduled visitors with their schedules and will notify Campus Visitation Coordinator of any requests or necessary changes to the visitor's schedules.
- Receives deposits, credentials and records them in a data system; enters new student data into BRM; issues receipts for any monies received.
- Interview, train, and supervise student workers for a backup receptionist position. Responsible for review and approval of timecards via Kronos Timekeeping System and scheduling of these student workers.
- Responsible for checking Admission's voicemail and distributing messages to appropriate personnel. Changes voicemail settings as directed by supervisor.
- Assists recruitment and campus visits staff with individual tasks as needed.
- Light cleaning in the reception area. Includes but is not limited to vacuuming, dusting, and organizing.
- Requires a High School diploma or GED.
- Requires 30 wpm typing with accuracy and have experience with computers and MS Office.
- Prefer one year of secretarial or phone operator experience.
- Ability to speak Spanish and/or supervisory experience is helpful. Good communication, organizational, grammar, and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Must be able to maintain diplomacy with the public.
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality of information.
- Maintains compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) policy and its' procedures.
Benefits & Perks
Great Company Culture. Enjoy a Christian atmosphere.
Make No Little Plans Here. Everything you do makes a difference.
Great Team Members. People you'll enjoy being around.
Improve Your Health. Free access to the on-campus aerobic center.
Stay Sharp. Access to the ORU library.
Fair Compensation. Based on your skills and experience.
Benefits. Matched retirement savings.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS will include but not be limited to sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, kneeling, repetitive motion, reaching, twisting of upper body, and manual dexterity for use of office machines/equipment. Vision requirements are: near, far, and depth perception. Must be able to hear clearly and distinctly. Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 25 lbs.
Oral Roberts University employs, advances, admits, and treats in its employment and educational programs all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, status as a veteran or genetic information.
Error messages will appear here.