Oral Roberts University is a non-profit organization whose staff and faculty actually make a difference in the lives of its students. We pride ourselves on our culture and the values we uphold. Our team is passionate about what we do, and we want you to make us even better!
ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS UNTIL JANUARY 1ST, 2019.
- Full Time
The Marketing Assistant position provides specified support to teams within the marketing department to facilitate efficiency within the department, attainment of goals, as well as long-term growth of the organization through a variety of daily marketing assignments and providing administrative support and organization.
- Provide support to ORU Marketing Team members to include a variety of functions including not limited to proofing/editing for creative and web team project files to ensure accuracy, branding compliance, and AP style conformity. Provide copywriting support as needed.
- Collaborate with team members and various departments submitting web page updates to ensure web content is proofed regularly and is meeting the needs of the Marketing department and our various constituencies. Editing/proofing of website content includes ensuring brand integrity while providing timely, accurate and compelling messaging to appropriately segmented audiences and ensuring grammar accuracy, AP, and web-training conformities. Assist with organizing Computer Management System staff training.
- Prepare correspondence, reports, research as needed, travel forms, purchase requisitions through Banner Finance and assist with maintenance of departmental budget records.
- Provide office support to include but not limited to answering telephone, taking and directing timely messages to staff, overseeing office supplies and placing orders as needed, greeting visitors, coordinating printed materials, overseeing general marketing email, coordinating meetings, preparing rooms/areas for meetings, submitting work orders, maintaining calendar of events, etc.
- Assist with ORU Marketing events, outreaches and other duties as need on a case by case basis.
- Requires a High School diploma or GED. A Bachelorís in Marketing, Journalism, Public Relations is strongly preferred. Knowledge of AP writing style is preferable but not mandatory.
- Requires 2 years of related experience.
- Keyboarding skills are required with accuracy. Computer experience required to include MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to effectively balance and prioritize multi-tasks in the midst of a high-paced office environment.
- Must have proven ability to maintain an eye for detail under stressful conditions associated with project deadlines and a busy office environment.
- Requires excellent reading, spelling, grammatical, verbal, written/editing, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Must maintain a professional demeanor at all times and demonstrate the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must have the ability to effectively work with a wide variety of people helping to form a cohesive and pleasant work environment.
- Must be able to build trust with customers, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity.
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality of information.
- Maintains compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) policy and itsí procedures.
Benefits & Perks
Great Company Culture. Enjoy a Christian atmosphere.
Make No Little Plans Here. Everything you do makes a difference.
Great Team Members. People you'll enjoy being around.
Improve Your Health. Free access to the on-campus aerobic center.
Stay Sharp. Access to the ORU library and discounted tuition for yourself and dependents.
Rest and Relaxation. 10 days of paid vacation, 5 sick days and 10 days of paid holidays.
Fair Compensation. Based on your skills and experience.
Benefits. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, matched retirement savings and tuition for yourself and dependents.
Oral Roberts University employs, advances, admits, and treats in its employment and educational programs all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, status as a veteran or genetic information.
Error messages will appear here.