Oral Roberts University is a non-profit organization whose staff and faculty actually make a difference in the lives of its students. We pride ourselves on our culture and the values we uphold. Our team is passionate about what we do, and we want you to make us even better!
ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS UNTIL JANUARY 1ST, 2019.
- Full Time
The Campus Visits Coordinator plans and implements all the major components of campus visit events which include Eagle Days, Group Visits, Special Visits, Virtual Visit Events and a portion of College Weekend. The Campus Visits Coordinator works with the University community, as required, in matters related to hosting prospective students on campus.
- Point person for all Eagle Day and walk-in visitors. Coordinates visits and agendas. Personally meets with each visiting family and/or student(s) to go over schedules, answer questions, and solve any issues that arise.
- Serves as project lead for Eagle Days, group visits, special visits, and virtual visit events. Sets dates and agendas; manages budget; handles all requisitions required for facilities, food, vehicles, and required purchases.
- Co-manages the Student Ambassador Program including recruiting, training and evaluating volunteers as well as overseeing the scheduling of tour guides. Creates and presents ideas and proposals to revamp the Student Ambassadors program.
- Scripts tours and trains all tour guides.
- Provides leadership and supervision over one or more areas of College Weekend, as assigned by the Campus Visits Manager.
- Carries out post-visit evaluations and reports findings to the Director of Admissions Marketing.
- Tracks visitors to campus and provides monthly reports to the Director of Admissions Marketing and Vice President for Enrollment Management.
- Assists with communication and marketing efforts involving campus visits. Recruits for ORU at local events and represents ORU on video, radio, social media, etc. as assigned.
- Establishes excellent working relationships with deans, chairs, faculty, campus services, department directors, student life, and other members of the ORU campus.
- Serves on the Admissions Marketing team providing input towards goals, strategies, and tactics to grow the visit's program and meet University enrollment goals.
- Assists the Director of Admissions Marketing with special projects, research or other duties as required.
- Must be computer literate to include a strong familiarity with a Windows environment. Familiarity with Banner and Microsoft Excel is a plus, but the department is willing to train.
- Must have good organizational and interpersonal skills. Must have an eye for detail due to the need for accurate publication of information in printed material and for record keeping/recording of information that is personal, monetary, and time-sensitive related.
- Maintains confidentiality of information in accordance with university and federally mandated regulations.
- Supervisory skills and/or experience will serve as a plus due to a large number of student workers involved in the visitation program.
- Must be able to articulate thoughts well for the purpose of effectively communicating information one-on-one, in groups or in large public settings.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are paramount for effective communication with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Must accept and be openly supportive of the purposes and goals associated with Oral Roberts University.
- Maintains compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) policy and itsí procedures.
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to motivate and organize student workers. Should be able to work effectively both independently and in a team environment as the situation dictates.
- Must have the ability to effectively work with staff, administration, students and parents from varying cultural backgrounds. Must have the ability to prioritize multi-tasks in the midst of a fast-paced, high-demand work environment while always maintaining a professional demeanor.
Benefits & Perks
Great Company Culture. Enjoy a Christian atmosphere.
Make No Little Plans Here. Everything you do makes a difference.
Great Team Members. People you'll enjoy being around.
Improve Your Health. Free access to the on-campus aerobic center.
Stay Sharp. Access to the ORU library and discounted tuition for yourself and dependents.
Rest and Relaxation. 10 days of paid vacation, 5 sick days and 10 days of paid holidays.
Fair Compensation. Based on your skills and experience.
Benefits. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, matched retirement savings and tuition for yourself and dependents.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS to include but not limited to sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, manual dexterity for use of office machines and equipment and occasional light to heavy lifting (for visit event setup). Must have the ability to hear clearly and distinctly for effective communication with parents, students, faculty and staff both in person and through electronic means. Vision to include: near, far, ability to distinguish colors, depth perception, and the ability to bring objects into sharp focus.
Oral Roberts University employs, advances, admits, and treats in its employment and educational programs all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, status as a veteran or genetic information.
Error messages will appear here.