Eagle Card Center Manager
Oral Roberts University is a non-profit organization whose staff and faculty actually make a difference in the lives of its students. We pride ourselves in our culture and the values we uphold. Our team is passionate about what we do, and we want you to make us even better!
The Eagle Card Center Manager is responsible for the following:
- Overseeing the daily functions of the Eagle Card Center and Telephone Center
- Supervising office staff in delivery of excellent customer service
- Managing the software database for all cardholders
- Providing support and training to University departments in use of Eagle Card software and equipment
- Managing the production of Eagle Cards
- Coordinating the details of the Eagle Bucks program
- Managing financial transactions and reports
- Overseeing marketing efforts
- Supervise staff in delivery of excellent customer service
- Reconcile stored value account deposits & transactions daily.Oversee database administration duties ensuring all facets of card services are operational.
- Coordinating with IT to help troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Process petitions and refund requests.
- Develop & oversee card database reporting
- Manage the database for the card system which includes production of cards and financial transactions.
- Monitor equipment needs for the Eagle Card Center and for other departments.
- Coordinate repair of equipment as the need arises.
- Along with IT help prepare and maintain downloads into Blackboard software.
- Oversee maintenance and accuracy of Blackboard software.
- Train and provide support to departments that use software and equipment provided by the Eagle Card Center.
- Answer questions for staff, students, and parents regarding their accounts, policies and procedures.
- Coordinate staffing for the university switchboard to ensure daily coverage
- Insure the telephone directory is kept up-to-date.
- Bill departments for long distance phone calls made on the university telephone system.
- Prepare and manage annual budget for the Eagle Card Center & Telephone Center
- Requires a High School diploma or GED. A bachelorís degree in related field is preferred.
- Requires 5 years supervisory experience to include customer service, cash handling, and computers.
- Must have proficiency working with computers specifically MS Word and Excel.
- Accounting/bookkeeping experience preferred.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, customer service, math, and grammar skills.
- Knowledge of University programs helpful.
- Must be able to learn and understand servers, software database, and the computer programs used in the department.
- Must be willing to learn and utilize the Banner student database system and the Blackboard Transaction System.
- Must be able to work under stress and handle situations dealing with upset individuals and required deadlines.
- Must have the ability to manage multiple tasks and adjust from one assignment to another
- Excellent communication required both orally and in writing
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality of information.
- Maintains compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) policy and itsí procedures.
Benefits & Perks
Great Company Culture. Enjoy a Christian atmosphere.
Make No Little Plans Here. Everything you do makes a difference.
Great Team Members. People you'll enjoy being around.
Improve Your Health. Free access to the on-campus aerobic center.
Stay Sharp. Access to the ORU library and discounted tuition for yourself and dependents.
Rest and Relaxation. 10 days of paid vacation, 5 sick days and 10 days of paid holidays.
Fair Compensation. Based on your skills and experience.
Benefits. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and matched retirement savings.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS will include but not be limited to: sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, manual dexterity for operation of office machines/computer equipment, and twisting of upper body. Vision to include near, far, visual accommodation, color, and depth perception.
Oral Roberts University is accepting applications through March 31, 2018 .
Oral Roberts University employs, advances, admits, and treats in its employment and educational programs all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, status as a veteran or genetic information.