Oral Roberts University is a non-profit organization whose staff and faculty actually make a difference in the lives of its students. We pride ourselves on our culture and the values we uphold. Our team is passionate about what we do, and we want you to make us even better!
CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR ALL POSITIONS UNTIL MARCH 1, 2019.
- Full Time
Do you enjoy sharing ORU's culture and actively engaging with students? Do you have a passion for recruiting? Apply today!
Enrollment Counselors are responsible for managing the recruitment efforts for assigned regions within the United States. They perform all significant recruiting and admissions functions necessary for the university to successfully accomplish its educational business and serve the admissions needs of the customers of the university.
- Responsible to manage and strategize current and potential markets for ways to develop and reach prospective students. Develops, rates and pioneers contacts (including schools, ministries, churches, etc.) in relevant region of country whereby contact is made with respective organizations. Acquires internal data related to geographic territory for the purpose of determining the type of follow-up required to effectively move potential student through the admissions funnel. Independently researches and gathers information from various resources with regard to where certain events or fairs are being held in order that the university might have a presence. Gathers previous years' data to assess which methods worked best, which trends are better and which functions produced the most results.
- Responsible for prospective family experiences during visit events on campus and recruitment events off campus.
- Acts as one of the primary counselors for the daily incoming counseling call and e-mails that come into the office, as well as handling outgoing calls needed within region, by the Admissions Committee, File Room, etc. Provides counsel for prospective students and parents regarding academic programs of study, program requirements and scholarship programs. Accountable for maintaining relationship with a designated pool of applicants in relevant region, including informing applicants of acceptance, communicating relevant information with them and leading them along the admissions process. Conducts investigation into complaints or disputes on behalf of the university management and/or prospective students and/or parents.
- Responds to selected correspondence received in the Office of Admissions and initiates correspondence to selected prospects via letter, e-mails, cards, etc. in respective region of country. Provides each with appropriate information sometimes requiring problem solving with students having issues with regards to acceptance and/or special circumstances that may have a direct impact or their acceptance to the university.
- Serves as the primary individual who determines the success of a student's acceptance to the university. Works on behalf of potential students that will enable them to accomplish all aspects of their matriculation into the university. Motivates student to complete their admissions file. Determines issues that may be inhibiting movement through the system and works to resolve the issues. Resolves any unique issues that arises requiring special follow-up (i.e., prior arrests or convictions).
- Manages regional recruitment trip itinerary to include college fairs, churches, high schools, alumni gatherings, ministry events and other assemblies that would be advantageous for recruitment. Covers assigned territory for the purpose of networking with leaders of organizations, attending college fairs, schools and ministries. Serves as a guest speaker, discussing a variety of higher education topics including but not limited to scholarships, the college process, and particular financial aid concerns. (EC's are cross-trained in financial aid awarding/packaging and loan type availability.) Coordinates and/or prepares all travel, lodging and paperwork requirements, including preparation and proper filing of the travel requisition, airfare requisition, vehicle requisition, flight itinerary and trip reports.
- Analyzes and categorizes interest levels of students received while recruiting. Determines the quality or validity of interest levels from various resources determining what defines a potentially high-yielding, high-interest prospect versus one that is not.
- Works with other Enrollment Counselors in writing, producing and coordinating social media to prospects in order to keep students informed about needed steps to enroll and succeed at ORU, as well as other pertinent university policies, happenings, etc. Provides feedback to management with regard to content of university publications.
- Coordinates other recruitment projects as assigned.
- A service-minded attitude.
- Proven ability and problem solving skills.
- Requires one (1) year of related work experience in a similar work setting preferred.
- Computer literate to include: Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Familiarity with Banner Relationship Management systems is a plus.
- Bi-lingual, Spanish-speaker preferred.
- Excellent reading, mathematical, oral, written, spelling, and grammatical, interpersonal, organizational skills
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills.
- Proven ability to deal with people in a professional manner.
- Proven ability to work as an effective team member with a commitment to excellence.
- Proven ability to articulate thoughts well for the purpose of effectively communicating information one-on-one, in groups or in a public setting.
- Proven ability to exercise diplomacy when confronted with difficult questions or situations.
- Proven ability to maintain organization and handle the stress associated with meeting deadlines for multiple projects in the midst of handling interruptions is required.
- Able to ascertain and understand organizational and departmental procedures, regulations, and policies.
- Computer literate to include MS Office.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills and be able to articulate information well, both verbally and in written form.
- An eye for detail due to the need for accurate record keeping/recording of information that is personal, monetary, and time-sensitive related.
- Self-motivated and able to prioritize projects.
- Proven ability to exercise discretionary judgment.
- Excellent problem solving skills, leadership and time management skills are a must.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality at all times regarding both student records and internally sensitive information.
- Proven ability to work both as a team member and independently; use sound judgment regarding organizational and departmental regulations, procedures, and policies; quickly establish and maintain rapport with students, faculty, alumni, administration, and parents from varying cultural backgrounds.
- Proven ability to prioritize multi-tasks in the midst of a fast-paced, high-demand work environment while always maintaining a professional demeanor.
- Proven ability to remain flexible with regard to external factors that may affect the work schedule. (Examples: Change in flight plans, prospective students or parents who require an immediate response, etc.)
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality of information.
- Maintains compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) policy and its’ procedures.
- Great organizational skills.
- Bachelor's Degree
Benefits & Perks
Great Company Culture. Enjoy a Christian atmosphere.
Make No Little Plans Here. Everything you do makes a difference.
Great Team Members. People you'll enjoy being around.
Improve Your Health. Free access to the on-campus aerobic center.
Stay Sharp. Access to the ORU library and discounted tuition for yourself and dependents.
Rest and Relaxation. 10 days of paid vacation, 5 sick days and 10 days of paid holidays.
Fair Compensation. Based on your skills and experience.
Benefits. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, matched retirement savings and tuition for yourself and dependents.
Oral Roberts University employs, advances, admits, and treats in its employment and educational programs all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, status as a veteran or genetic information.
Error messages will appear here.