Administrative Assistant to the Ambassador to the Hispanic and Latin American Communities
Oral Roberts University is a non-profit organization whose staff and faculty actually make a difference in the lives of its students. We pride ourselves in our culture and the values we uphold. Our team is passionate about what we do, and we want you to make us even better!
The Administrative Assistant to the HLAC position provides sole administrative support and wide range of reception and administrative duties.
- Anticipate and initiate actions regarding office operations
- Manage daily communications in English and Spanish for the office of the Ambassador
- Attend to confidential issues using discretion and good judgment
- Serve as information source on issues relating to the work of the Ambassador
- Manage the Ambassadorís calendar to schedule meetings, conference calls, and other appointments as necessary
- Maintain databases and filing systems
- Ability to gather information from a variety of sources, analyze and evaluate it and draw conclusions
- Other responsibilities as needed or as assigned by the Ambassador
- Requires a High School diploma or GED. Prefer some higher education coursework.
- Minimum of 3 years experience providing administrative support
- Superior organizational skills
- Meticulous attention to details
- Excellence in written and oral communications skills in both English and Spanish
- High degree of diplomacy
- Ability to work independently
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft office products including Word, Excel, & PowerPoint
- Adapt to change and maintain professional demeanor at all times
- Must maintain high level of confidentiality of information
- Maintains compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) policy and itsí procedures.
Benefits & Perks
Great Company Culture. Enjoy a Christian atmosphere.
Make No Little Plans Here. Everything you do makes a difference.
Great Team Members. People you'll enjoy being around.
Improve Your Health. Free access to the on-campus aerobic center.
Stay Sharp. Access to the ORU library and discounted tuition for yourself and dependents.
Rest and Relaxation. 10 days of paid vacation, 5 sick days and 10 days of paid holidays.
Fair Compensation. Based on your skills and experience.
Benefits. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and matched retirement savings.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS will include but not be limited to: sitting, standing, walking, bending, crouching, stooping, twisting of upper body, and manual dexterity for operation of office machines and/or equipment. Vision to include: near, far, and visual accommodation. Occasional lifting of up to 25 pounds of office equipment/supplies; includes carrying of office supplies. Please notify Human Resources if an accommodation is needed.
Oral Roberts University is accepting applications through February 28, 2018 .
Oral Roberts University employs, advances, admits, and treats in its employment and educational programs all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, status as a veteran or genetic information.