Oral Roberts University is a non-profit organization whose staff and faculty actually make a difference in the lives of its students. We pride ourselves in our culture and the values we uphold. Our team is passionate about what we do, and we want you to make us even better!
The Administrative Secretary position assists the Executive Director and the Administrative Assistant in the tasks of ORUEF.
- Compiling and maintaining all accreditation files including, but not limited to: accreditation notebooks, school annual accreditation reports, school accreditation certifications, annual school progress reports, other information.
- Compiling, creating and shipping conference & seminar materials/packets, including events during the school year and the annual conference and accreditation meetings in the summer.
- Creating conference schedules, securing and scheduling workshops for ORUEF summer conference and regional ORUEF conferences throughout the year. Ensure all technology and room arrangements are set up for workshop presenters, and other presentation needs are addressed for workshops. Securing and managing contracts from vendors for booths at the summer conference and regional conferences, and ensure all requested needs are setup for events. Work with host sites at regional conferences to communicate and coordinate all details as needed for successful events. Communicate and coordinate with all conference partner associations (e.g. ACTS) to ensure successful joint conferences.
- Manage membership process including renewals and registrations. Receive, record, and follow-up payment of dues and fees, and other communication as needed. Ensure all components have been submitted for annual payments from schools and administer and collect late fees as necessary. Create and send membership certificates.
- Manage submission of annual reports, communicating as necessary with schools to ensure reports are complete with all required documentation. Administer and collect late fees as appropriate, following up with schools as necessary.
- Organize and update information for Christian Honor Society Association (CHSA). Design, create, and print marketing material for CHSA. Collect annual dues from chapters and create, print, and ship certificates, pins, and diploma seals to CHSA chapters. Collect end-of-year projects from schools for summer contest.
- Typing correspondence (including email correspondence), requisitions, labels, faxes.
- Maintaining and updating ICAA, ORUEF, and OPSAC websites as needed. Keep database and all website components up-to-date. Communicate with webmaster and manage any website issues and ensure pages maintain current information and content and are working properly.
- Designing and assembling booklets & brochures and updating the information as needed.
- Receptionist duties: answering phone, check voice mail, take messages, greet visitors, respond to emails, etc.
- Manage calendar of events and coordinate with ORU departments, as well as other companies and organizations, desiring to use the training room space. Ensure all is setup for these events/meetings as requested by those scheduled to use the room.
- Filing correspondence.
- Retrieving and sorting mail. Maintain log of monetary dues received.
- Manage contracts with standardized testing vendor. Communicate these details with ORUEF/ICAA schools, and serve as the representative between ORUEF/ICAA schools and the test vendor. Work with the test vendor to help resolve issues that schools may be facing. Manage standardized testing program schedule.
- Secure (as requested by supervisor) and manage contracts with vendors offering services to ORUEF/ICAA schools, and serve as a representative between vendors and ORUEF/ICAA schools.
- Order conference packet materials, promotional items, CHSA pins, accreditation materials, and other printed materials as needed for ORUEF/ICAA events and operations.
- Communicate with new and prospective schools regarding membership and accreditation. Correspond with these schools to provide them with all details related to this process and maintain communication with them through the membership process and as they initiate the accreditation process. Ensure all forms, applications, and payments have been received. Process payments and paperwork, and begin membership and accreditation file for new schools.
- Plan and setup table at the ORUEF/ICAA summer conferences to market and promote ORUEF, ICAA, and CHSA. Accept payments, registration, and annual renewals for schools that seek to pay upon arrival at the summer meetings. Ensure all workshop presenter and vendor needs are secured and setup as requested. Serve as the main contact for workshop presenters and vendors. Assist international schools with smoother entry into the United States by providing letters and additional correspondence with U.S. officials. Complete additional tasks as requested by ORUEF/ICAA Executive Director.
- Design, create, and send email campaigns regarding upcoming events and deadlines. Design and create marketing ads for these events and their respective deadlines and post on social media. Manage social components and ensure all are up-to-date.
- Collect and file annual reports from OPSAC member accreditation associations. Manage OPSAC website and ensure all is up-to-date within databases. Answer phone calls and emails related to OPSAC. Create and print certificates for all Oklahoma schools recognized by OPSAC
- Complete additional projects as requested by the ORUEF/ICAA Executive Director.
- Requires a High School diploma or GED.
- Requires three years of secretarial experience and 50wpm with extreme accuracy.
- Computer experience required to include MS Word; prefer experience with Excel, Power Point, Publisher, Access, Word Press, and other common software related to publishing and web design and maintenance, but willing to train.
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to effectively balance and prioritize multi-tasks in the midst of a high-paced office environment.
- Must have proven ability to maintain an eye for detail under stressful conditions associated with project deadlines and a busy office environment.
- Requires excellent reading, spelling, grammatical, verbal, written, and interpersonal skills. Must maintain a professional demeanor at all times.
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality of information.
- Maintains compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) policy and its' procedures.
Benefits & Perks
Great Company Culture. Enjoy a Christian atmosphere.
Make No Little Plans Here. Everything you do makes a difference.
Great Team Members. People you'll enjoy being around.
Improve Your Health. Free access to the on-campus aerobic center.
Stay Sharp. Access to the ORU library and discounted tuition for yourself and dependents.
Rest and Relaxation. 10 days of paid vacation, 5 sick days and 10 days of paid holidays.
Fair Compensation. Based on your skills and experience.
Benefits. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and matched retirement savings.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS will include but not be limited to: sitting, standing, bending, stooping, walking, crouching, manual dexterity for operation of office machines/computer equipment, and twisting of upper body. Vision to include: near, far, visual accommodation, color and depth perception. Occasional lifting or carrying from 25 to 50 pounds in relation to boxes containing office supplies or copy paper.
HOURS OF WORK & ATTENDANCE : Normal works hours are Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm. Occasional overtime is required for events.
This position reports for scheduled work shift(s) in a dependable and timely fashion in order to assure the smooth operation of the work unit and to minimize the interruption or delay of regular work output for the department. Has no (or very rare) unscheduled absences, occurrences of tardiness, or requests to leave early. (See employee Handbook for more detail.) Travel is not required for this position.
THIS POSITION REQUIRES THE FOLLOWING BACKGROUND CHECK: Credit and Criminal
LIFESTYLE : Must adhere to the Code of Honor Pledge for Oral Roberts University.