Oral Roberts University is a non-profit organization whose staff and faculty actually make a difference in the lives of its students. We pride ourselves in our culture and the values we uphold. Our team is passionate about what we do, and we want you to make us even better!
In a multidisciplinary collaboration, the Specialist provides curricular support to create engaging learner experiences through visual storytelling. The Specialist provides multimedia support for online and residential instructional programs through the design, development, and distribution of media-rich messages.
- Provides consultation related to the production of media.
- Provides project direction for shooting & editing processes, & prioritizing work for on time delivery.
- Provides recommendations for department & production budgets.
- Searches, identifies, consults, & masters on the use of external resources (e.g. Production design, software related to production &/or learning, course management (D2L), music libraries, stock footage, & open courseware.)
- Collaboratively plans, writes, & produces scripts with design-thinking; executes professional videos to communicate educational, inspiring & engaging stories.
- Building trust & rapport with clients, support content experts in translating their script to screen.
- Develop & curate products according to "best practices" in learning experience design, media production & related fields.
- Identify existing media (within fair use) best suited to communicate a topic (e.g. Internal or existing university content, Lynda.com lessons, YouTube video essays and examples, EON VR/AR, etc.)
- Plans & facilitates production from visual to audio design in studio, field & post.
- Support, maintain & upkeep equipment & studio, for team & client use.
- Use appropriate technology & collaboration to accomplish learning goals (e.g. Screencast, Camera, Green-screen, 360 video, VR, AR, Lightboard & scribe animation, Infographics, etc.)
- When appropriate utilize Rich-media, & Interactive video practices; providing the necessary technical strategy & graphic support.
- Effective and efficient post-production; including cohesive edits, color grading, audio sweetening, static & motion graphics.
- Facilitate student production of faculty events, plays & dances from equipment training workshops, setup & final delivery.
- Strategically maximize viewer access across various platforms.
- Researches & deploys best codecs to provide a variety of media formats for online webcasting & video streaming.
- Centralized asset management for published (Kaltura, Vimeo, etc) & unpublished (server) media.
- Ensures "on page" distribution & troubleshooting upon product completion.
- Captions course videos appropriately upon completion.
- Performs other duties to support team as needed.
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree or experience experience in Media Production or Education.
- Must have a valid driver's license in order to occasionally drive a University vehicle for the purpose of accomplishing the duties of the position.
- A service-minded attitude.
- Proven ability and problem solving skills.
- Must have 1-2 years of experience in media production and a video portfolio/resume to document experience and skills. (College level experience may count.)
- Experience with the following computer software: Adobe Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro, DVD Studio Pro (or equivalent), Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, D2L, MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Possess good organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to attend to detail to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Ability to be self-directed to complete projects.
- Must be an effective team member.
- Ability to give and accept constructive criticism.
- Ability to efficiently organize work, work calmly under pressure, and be flexible to changing needs of video production.
- Ability to set priorities, make decisions, and readily adjust to change.
- Ability to deliver products in a timely manner.
- Must continually learn/update knowledge based on project requirements and best practices.
- Must be able to take an idea to completion from producing, to scripting, to directing, shooting, editing, and graphic design in a professional and creative way.
- Excellent reading, spelling, mathematical, oral, written, grammatical, editing, creative thinking, and proofreading skills are a must.
- Must be able to maintain organization within a busy office environment.
- High design aesthetics.
- Must have the ability to handle the stress associated with meeting deadlines for multiple projects.
- Must have the ability to exercise diplomacy when confronted with difficult questions or situations.
- Work cooperatively with a variety of personalities.
- Must accept and be openly supportive of the purposes and goals associated with Oral Roberts University.
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality of information.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Maintain compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) policy and its procedures.
- Software: Must have experience with Adobe Premiere Pro CC, Adobe Encore (or DVD equivalent), Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, D2L, HTML, Kaltura, MS Office.
- Familiarity with ORU culture, is a plus.
Benefits & Perks
Great Company Culture. Enjoy a Christian atmosphere.
Make No Little Plans Here. Everything you do makes a difference.
Great Team Members. People you'll enjoy being around.
Improve Your Health. Free access to the on-campus aerobic center.
Stay Sharp. Access to the ORU library and discounted tuition for yourself and dependents.
Rest and Relaxation. 10 days of paid vacation, 5 sick days and 10 days of paid holidays.
Fair Compensation. Based on your skills and experience.
Benefits. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and matched retirement savings.
Oral Roberts University is accepting applications through December 1, 2017.