Financial Aid Specialist
Oral Roberts University is a non-profit organization whose staff and faculty actually make a difference in the lives of its students. We pride ourselves in our culture and the values we uphold. Our team is passionate about what we do, and we want you to make us even better!
The Financial Aid Specialist assists in the verification processing efforts by recording the receipt and verifying the accuracy of documents needed for financial aid in accordance with federal, institutional and/or other appropriate regulations, policies and guidelines.
1. Scanning/imaging student financial aid records, and recording receipt into Banner Financial Aid system. Also, evaluating documentation for completeness and establishing workflow for processing. Assisting in Verification efforts by reviewing C-flags and other Department of Education matches. Communicating with students when information is incorrect or incomplete as part of follow-up. Processing government forms, office forms, letter correspondence, posting and processing aid, Award Letter processing, etc.
2. Counsels one-on-one with students, parents, and the general public as referred by the Student Service Group. Provides the same services via e-mail and/or by telephone. Stays current regarding financial aid application processes, federal verification regulations, packaging of aid, and disbursement policies and procedures.
3. Responds to all voice mail or e-mail messages in a timely manner. Insures information given is accurate with regard to processes and procedures falling within Federal guidelines.
4. Communicates with students for the purpose of insuring that they are aware of the deadlines associated with applying for financial aid. Makes certain students have access to, or provides them with proper forms to complete in order to receive financial aid.
5. Is responsible for staying current with the various aid programs to include institutional, state and federally funded programs. Ensures those that might be affected by any changes are informed within a reasonable timeframe.
6. Reviews and follow-ups with students regarding C-Flags, rejected Student Aid Reports, and Verification documentation. Communicates any changes or adjustments to student in a timely manner and recalculates student Needs Analysis results as necessary to these processes.
7. Assists with R2T4 process for withdrawing students ensuring that R2T4 processing is done within a timely manner and following up with appropriate staff to return federal funds in compliance with federal regulations.
8. Completes all assigned financial aid reports and projects in a timely and efficient manner.
9. Maintains a high level of accuracy in updating student data on the computer system.
10. Works effectively with other ORU departments on behalf of ORU students.
11. Assists with College Weekend and Quest financial aid counseling sessions and other ORU events as assigned.
12. Performs other duties as assigned by Financial Aid Management Team.
Benefits & Perks
Great Company Culture. Enjoy a Christian atmosphere.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS will include but not be limited to: sitting, standing, bending, stooping, walking, crouching, manual dexterity for operation of office machines/computer equipment, and twisting of upper body. Vision to include: near, far, visual accommodation, color and depth perception. There will be occasional exposure to paper dust/mites, and electrical hazards associated with computer equipment. Occasional lifting up to 30 lbs.
Oral Roberts University is accepting applications through December 1, 2017.
Oral Roberts University employs, advances, admits, and treats in its employment and educational programs all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, status as a veteran or genetic information.