Oral Roberts University is a non-profit organization whose staff and faculty actually make a difference in the lives of its students. We pride ourselves in our culture and the values we uphold. Our team is passionate about what we do, and we want you to make us even better!
This position produces video reports, testimonials, and promos from concept, writing, shooting, and editing to meet the client’s request in a timely and professional manner.
- Producing – complete project from start to finish – scripting, directing, shooting, editing. Directly responsible for chapel videos - manages plans and executes chapel announcements and creative support videos that are seen by ORU Community and larger public through social media and broadcast outlets.
- Crew for productions: Fill any positions needed for studio or location shoots as deemed necessary by UMP manager – Camera, Director, Assistant Director, Stage Manager, Lighting or Audio Director, etc.
- Interface with clients to assess needs for productions.
- Candidates will be expected to submit a video portfolio/resume to document experience and skills are required. Please send all video portfolios to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Must have a valid driver’s license in order to occasionally drive a university vehicle for the purpose of accomplishing the duties of the position.
- Must have 2-4 years experience in television production and a video portfolio/resume to document experience and skills. Must be a problem solver with good organizational and interpersonal skills. Must have an eye for detail to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Must be able to function comfortably in a Macintosh environment, utilizing Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Audition, Final Cut Pro, DVD Authoring Software, Word, & Excel.
- Must be familiar with equipment to include but not limited to: Broadcast and DSLR video cameras, audio boards, microphones, studio & remote lighting gear, and the assorted cabling/interconnections between equipment.
- Must be a problem solver with equipment and software issues that arise from time to time. (Having technical knowledge/experience with computers and video servers would be considered a plus for this position.)
- Must possess good reading, scriptwriting, spelling, proofreading, and mathematical skills. Good written and verbal communication skills are a must in regards to consistent and accurate communication with co-workers, management, administration, and other individuals associated with assigned projects.
- Must maintain a professional demeanor and work cooperatively with a variety of personalities including staff, administration and students. Must exhibit the ability to take direction and responsibility for follow-up of assigned tasks to ensure they are completed satisfactorily, accurately and on time. Must be able to prioritize multi-tasks in the midst of a fast-paced, high-demand work environment. Must be a self-starter and work well both as a team member and independently.
Benefits & Perks
Great Company Culture. Enjoy a Christian atmosphere.
Make No Little Plans Here. Everything you do makes a difference.
Great Team Members. People you'll enjoy being around.
Improve Your Health. Free access to the on-campus aerobic center.
Stay Sharp. Access to the ORU library and discounted tuition for yourself and dependents.
Rest and Relaxation. 10 days of paid vacation, 5 sick days and 10 days of paid holidays.
Fair Compensation. Based on your skills and experience.
Benefits. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and matched retirement savings.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS will include but not be limited to: Sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, manual dexterity for use of office machines or electronic equipment, balancing to prevent falling or erratic movement and occasional light to heavy lifting (in regards to TV Equipment). Must have the ability to hear clearly and distinctly for purposes of editing material and effective communication with students, faculty and staff both in person and through electronic means. Vision to include: near, far, ability to distinguish colors, depth perception, and the ability to bring objects into focus.
1. Complete the ORU online staff application.
2. Please submit a video portfolio/resume to document experience and skills to ORU's Human Resources Department at email@example.com.
3. Oral Roberts University is accepting applications through February 28, 2018 .