Student Work Study Career Services
During the fall and spring semesters students can work on-campus through the Student Work-Study Program. Participating students must be enrolled full-time, have completed registration, and have accepted a work study award from Financial Aid. It is important to review the Student Employment Handbook prior to working on campus.
All students are also eligible to work for ORU's Dining Services by going to sodexo.balancetrak.com and searching under zip code 74171. This will display positions on ORU's campus.
STEP 1: Golden Hire Network
STEP 2: Look for a Work-Study Job
Fall work-study jobs will start getting posted on the Golden Hire Network in mid-July.
- Click on the Jobs and Internships tab
- Click on Advanced Search
- Use the drop down box Position Type and choose ORU On Campus Job - Work Study or Student Employment for positions with Dining Services.
- Click on Search to view the available on campus jobs
STEP 3: Apply
Work-Study positions are posted by the departments who are hiring. Fill out a Student Employment Application, located under Registration Quick links in Vision. If you are applying for Sodexo you will apply by going to sodexo.balancetrak.com and searching under zip code 74171 for their positions.
A position must be posted on GHN before you submit your application.
Work-Study applications will only be considered if it is a valid position posted on the Golden Hire Network.
To proceed in the application you must know:
1. The Department
2. Job Title
3. Hiring Manager
This information is found on the Golden Hire Network under each position.
STEP 4: Identification
Once hired students must present proper identification to complete the Federal I-9 form in Step 4. Per federal law, only original identification can be accepted (no copies or faxes). Examples of accepted forms of ID are listed on page 9.
In addition to the steps above, you will also need the following items to work on campus: Passport, I-20, I-94 Admission Number, Social Security Card.
Getting a Social Security Card
- Bring a copy of your Campus Employment Hiring Form to Lisa Edwards (GC-3 ½).
- Lisa will give you a letter. Take your letter to the Social Security Office (4750 S Garnett Rd.).
- Bring your Social Security application receipt to Career Services.
- Once you receive your Social Security Card, bring it to Career Services immediately.
Summer Campus Employment
During the summer, students can work on campus through Student Employment. This is an option for returning students as well as students who have been admitted for the upcoming fall semester. For more information on summer employment, please click here.