Attendance and/or Assignment Due Date
Students who seek to utilize an approved accommodation of flexibility with attendance and/or assignment due dates must follow these policies and procedures:
- Review course syllabus (attendance/late assignments/exam make-up policies) with your instructors.
- Schedule a “Flexibility Analysis Appointment” with the Director of Student Resources (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you require additional flexibility (exceptions) to the stated course syllabus policies.
- Class attendance is mandatory at Oral Roberts University. In many cases, attendance
is fundamental to the course requirements. A percentage of a student's final grade
may be determined by a student's ability to:
- interact with others in the class,
- demonstrate the ability to think and argue critically,
- critique a class member's work, or
- participate in group project.
In any of these cases a faculty member may determine that they cannot provide the degree of flexibility sought by the student.
- Faculty is not required to do make-up labs or classes for a student with a disability who misses lab or class unless make-ups are permitted for other students as well.
- Faculty is not obligated to re-teach material missed due to not attending class.
- Faculty determines the degree of flexibility regarding assignments, as well as makeup policies.
- The accommodation of flexibility for extension of assignment due dates is meant to provide periodic flexibility, if possible, when this flexibility does not compromise the fundamental requirements of the course.
- Not every assignment or course component can be provided an extension.
- If an exacerbation of your condition occurs towards the end of the semester, you will need to contact the Director of Student Resources (email@example.com) immediately to discuss what options may be available to complete your courses. These options need to be considered individually, with the option of an "I" (incomplete) grade being given.