Alumni Connectors: Connecting ORU alumni
with one another and with ORU
Chapel. Intramural sports. SAGA. "Expect a miracle!" Brother-sister wings. Missions and outreach. These are just a few of the memories that ORU alumni share. When college days are over, though, how do former students reconnect with one another? And with ORU?
That's where Alumni Connectors come in.
The Alumni Relations office has signed up alumni in many U.S. and international cities and regions and is looking for more alumni who would like to take the lead in bringing their fellow alumni together for a variety of purposes, such as:
- Social/networking activities, career advice
- Attend ORU road games (basketball, baseball, etc.)
- Ministry connections (e.g., finding a church)
- Hospital visits/recommendations on elder care for parents
Alumni Connectors can use social media, such as a Facebook page, to keep alumni informed of upcoming events in their area. By getting to know fellow alumni and hearing their stories, Connectors can also let ORU know about alumni who could serve as guest speakers in classes. And through regular communication with the Alumni Relations office, Connectors will have current information to share with alumni on subjects such as these:
- Campus improvements
- Homecoming dates and activities
- "Alumnus of the Year" nomination deadlines
- Alumni Association Board of Directors elections, nomination process
- Student and faculty honors and achievements
- New majors and new courses at ORU
- ORU student missions and outreach opportunities
These are the current Alumni Connectors:
If you would like to serve as an Alumni Connector or would like more information on the program, please contact Alumni Relations Director Bob Beard at email@example.com. You can also call Alumni Relations at 918.495.6610 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.