The link above will allow you to access documents that will help you expedite the process of transferring to ORU including everything from determining which classes will easily transfer to ORU, transcript evaluation procedures and how to petition to have courses accepted.
Click on the link above to see what all we need to consider you for admission as a transfer student.
Having trouble remembering what we need? Click on the link above to see our transfer application checklist.
Making the Move to ORU
At ORU we do everything possible to make your transition to our campus as smooth as possible. Our admissions staff is available to answer your questions and help you in every way we can. You can also access our extensive list of transfer resources, see all the items required for our application process or track your progress with the application checklist.
To be considered a transfer student, you need to have completed 15 or more college credit hours from a regionally accredited or otherwise recognized post-secondary institution since completing high school.
Here are three things to remember:
- In addition to your college transcript, you will need to have the high school from which you graduated send a final official high school transcript or official GED score report to the Oral Roberts University Office of Undergraduate Admissions. This must come directly from the high school or issuing institution.
- To be considered for admission as a transfer student, you must have a 2.0 or higher cumulative college GPA.
- If you have attended more than one institution, the GPA from each school will be combined to calculate your cumulative GPA.
Exclusive Room Scholarship for Students who Transfer to ORU for the Fall 2016 Semester!!!
Offer Ends May 1, 2016
Valued at $3,650 per year*
5 keys to unlocking this scholarship:
- Have 15 or more college credit hours from a regionally accredited or recognized post-secondary institution since completing high school.
- Apply to the Fall 2016 semester at ORU by clicking here. When you complete your application online, we'll waive the $35 application fee.
- Have your official transcripts mailed to ORU directly from every post-secondary institution
you've attended, including colleges, universities, professional and technical schools:
ORU Admissions Office, 7777 S. Lewis Ave., Tulsa, OK 74171.
- Note: you'll need to submit high school transcripts only if you fall into any of these categories: you have not completed 24 credits at a college since graduating from high school; you are transferring from a Bible school; you are transferring from a school that has an articulation agreement with ORU
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at fafsa.gov using ORU's school code, 003985.
- If admitted, pay the $200 enrollment fee safely online by clicking here (login, then select eDeposits tab), or call 918.495.6518 to pay by phone.
*$3,650 room scholarship is renewable every year as long as the transfer student remains
continuously enrolled full-time as an on-campus, undergraduate student.