We're so glad you're considering making the move to Oral Roberts University! To apply as a transfer student, you should have earned 15 or more hours before starting at ORU from a regionally accredited or otherwise recognized post-secondary institution since graduating from high school or receiving your GED. If you do not have at least 15 hours, you will enter with as a freshman. To learn more about applying as a freshman, click here.
If you have any questions along the way, please connect with a Transfer Student Enrollment Counselor by emailing email@example.com or calling 918.495.6518. Also, if you're already admitted, check-out go.oru.edu/MyNextSteps for your next steps.
Follow these three easy steps to complete the application process and receive your 3-day admissions decision!
1. APPLY ONLINE
2. SEND TRANSCRIPTS
Request your official transcript(s) or GED score be sent directly to ORU Admissions from every post-secondary institution you've attended, including colleges, universities, professional and technical schools. If it is in your hands at any time, it is considered unofficial.
1.) Click here to complete ORU's Transcript Request Form which will prompt your school counselor to send documents electronically and securely.
2.) Request that documents be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3.) Request that documents be faxed to 918.495.6222.
4.) Let your school counselor know that they can send documents electronically through one of these platforms: SendEDU, Parchment, eScrip-Safe, National Student Clearinghouse, and Naviance.
5.) Request that documents be mailed to ORU Admissions, 7777 S. Lewis Ave., Tulsa, OK 74171, United States.
Please also submit high school transcripts or your GED score if you fall into any of the following categories:
- You have not completed 24 credits at a college since graduating from high school.
- You are transferring from a Bible school to ORU.
- You are transferring from a school that has an articulation agreement with ORU.
3. Test Score (International Students Only)
All international students must prove they have sufficient knowledge of the English language before they can be admitted. Any international student whose primary language is not English must submit one of the following:
1.) ACT score of 20 or higher. Have your standardized test scores sent to ORU. Visit act.org to submit your ACT scores to ORU with our school code, 3427.
2.) SAT score of 1020. Visit collegeboard.org to submit your SAT scores to ORU with our school code, 6552.
3.) TOEFL score of at least 61 (internet-based), 173 (computer-based) or 500 (paper-based). Click here to have the official test scores sent directly from English Testing Services to ORU with our school code 6552.
4.) IELTS score of 6.5 or higher.
ENGINEERING AND NURSING MAJORS
Thinking about studying Engineering or Nursing at ORU? They are two of our TOP majors! Once admitted to ORU, these programs have additional requirements.
- To be considered for ORU's Engineering program, applicants must be admitted to ORU and have a minimum ACT score of 22 or a minimum SAT score of 1130. Applicants must also have a minimum High School GPA of 2.8 or Transfer GPA of 2.25. Applications that are complete with test scores and transcripts on file will be sent to the ORU's College of Science and Engineering for review.
- To be considered for ORU's Anna Vaughn College of Nursing, applicants must be admitted to ORU and have a minimum ACT score of 21 with a math score of at least 18 or a minimum SAT score of 1080. Applications that are complete with test scores and transcripts on file will be sent to the Anna Vaughan College of Nursing for review.
MUSIC, DANCE AND THEATRE MAJORS
Interested in studying music, dance or theatre? Check out these extra requirements for admission into these programs.
- Once admitted to ORU, a separate application and audition are required for students interested in studying dance. For more information on how to audition and apply, visit dance.oru.edu.
- Once admitted to ORU, a separate application and audition are required for students interested in studying Music, Musical Theatre, Music Therapy and Worship Arts. For more information on how to audition and apply, visit music.oru.edu or contact the Music Department at email@example.com or 918.495.7500.