FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO COMPLETE YOUR APPLICATION FILE FOR ADMISSION TO THE GRADUATE SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
STEP 1 – APPLY
Submit an application for admission. When you apply online, the $35 application fee is waived. If you have any questions, connect with a Graduate Enrollment Counselor at email@example.com or 918.495.6518.
STEP 2 – HONOR CODE
All ORU students accept the Code of Honor as their lifestyle while at ORU. Be sure to read and sign the Code of Honor, thus acknowledging your acceptance of the ORU lifestyle. This step is included in the online application.
STEP 3 – APPLICATION FEE
Pay the $35 application fee. This fee is waived if you apply online.
STEP 4 – OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS
Official transcripts must be received directly from all colleges and universities attended in their original sealed envelopes. This also includes all technology and unaccredited schools. Bible college and vocational/technology schools are generally not considered regionally accredited institutions.
- Request that documents be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Request that documents be faxed to 918.495.6222.
- Request that documents be mailed to ORU Graduate Admissions, 7777 S. Lewis Ave., Tulsa, OK 74171.
STEP 5 – RECOMMENDATIONS (3 Total)
For all recommendations, simply send the link oru.edu/gradrec to your reference(s), so they can quickly and easily complete the recommendation form online. Your references must not be related to you.
- Two Academic/Professional Recommendations from current or former professors are required. Professional recommendations may be submitted if you have not been in college within the last five years.
- One Minister's Recommendation must be returned/submitted by your minister or another church/ministry leader who is not a relative. This may be waived for ORU alumni.
STEP 6 – ESSAY REQUIREMENTS
A personal sketch is required for all Master's level applicants. In a total of 1-2 pages, please answer the following questions fully. Type answers in double-space format and save all responses to one pdf. file. Attach this document to your application by logging into your application at apply.oru.edu. Click the "View Additional Items" link next to your application type, then upload your file. If you are having issues uploading the file, please email it to email@example.com. All submissions are held in confidence.
- Why do you desire to attend ORU, and how does it relate to your life goals?
- Describe your own religious experience, past and present.
- Discuss major events that have occurred in your life.
- If you are an international student, please explain why you desire to study in the United States.
- Why have you chosen your field of vocation/ministry, and how do you see the degree program for which you are making application equipping you for that field?
STEP 7 – OFFICIAL TEST SCORES (OPTIONAL)
The Graduate School of Business does not require any standardized test scores for admittance. However, MBA students wishing to pursue academic scholarships will need to take one of the following tests:
- Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT)
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- National Field Test with ETS
In order to be valid, test scores cannot be older than five years. Scholarship information may be viewed under the graduate business scholarship page. If you have any questions, please connect with a Graduate Enrollment Counsel at 918.495.6518 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS - ADDITIONAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- TOEFL or IELTS Test Score: All international students whose native language of instruction is not English must submit official TOEFL scores from within the past two years. A minimum score of 550 paper-based, 213 computer-based, or 79-80 internet-based is required for admission. For further information on the TOEFL, please call 609.771.7100 or go to http://www.ets.org.
- (After Admissions to ORU) International Student Financial Guarantee Form: All international students are required to document verification of their financial support. Support must be verified prior to the University issuing a Form I-20. The Form I-20 is needed in order for an applicant to be issued a student visa. The guarantor must agree to meet the actual expenses incurred for each year the applicant is enrolled at ORU.
- (After Admissions to ORU) Sevis Transfer Request: This form is only for international students in F-1 Status transferring to ORU from another U.S. school.
If you have any questions, connect with a Graduate Enrollment Counselor at email@example.com or 918.495.6518.