Health, Leisure, and Sport Sciences
As a major in the Health, Leisure, and Sport Sciences Department, you will be prepared to work in the health, fitness, leisure or sport management fields; teach physical education; or qualify for further study at physical therapy, medical, or graduate professional school. Moreover, you will be immersed in a lifestyle that promotes physical well-being and health, which is consistent with the university's commitment to developing the whole person - spirit, mind and body.
Some of the outstanding features of this program:
- ORU has excellent facilities for the development of the whole person including human
performance labs, 50 meter indoor pool, 3 racquetball courts, sports medicine athletic
training room, 4 basketball courts, 4 volleyball courts, indoor track, free weight
room, aerobic exercise room, 6 tennis courts, outdoor jogging track, 2 soccer fields,
2 sand volleyball courts and more.
- Our faculty includes eight full-time professors, seven part-time instructors and trainers who provide lots of individual attention to students.
Health and Exercise Science:
- Exercise Specialist Concentration
- Pre-Physical Therapy Concentration
- Pre-Sports Medicine Concentration
- Sport Sales and Marketing Concentration
- Sport Administration Concentration
- Sport Broadcasting Concentration
- Sport Operations Concentration
Health and Physical Education (K-12)
For more information, please call 918-495-6825.