ORU's Department of Behavioral Sciences offers baccalaureate degree programs in psychology, social justice and social work. Minors are also available in psychology and sociology. Biblical principles are at the core of our teaching and personal integrity and ethics are of primary concern as we prepare you for a future career in the mental health professions. Our goal is to graduate students who are academically informed, biblically sound and well prepared to help those in need of a healing touch or a helping hand.
Some of the outstanding accomplishments of faculty and students from this department:
- Dr. Lanny Endicott, professor and director of the social work program, and his students are taking a role in the PlaniTulsa Program, a city-wide planning process hoping to better address the diverse needs and dreams of Tulsa citizens.
- ORU senior social work major, Brittany Oelze received the Undergraduate Social Work Student of the Year award for the state of Oklahoma at the National Association of Social Workers State Conference.
- The Oklahoma Chapter of the National Association of Social Workers honored Dr. Lanny Endicott as the 2003 Outstanding Social Worker for Oklahoma.
- Social work majors regularly participate in community service projects throughout the Tulsa area.
- ORU's behavioral sciences majors are part of two active student organizations: Social Work Club and Psi Chi Rho, the psychology club.
For more information, please call 918-495-6534.