Graduate Programs COE
Taking Your Career to the Next Level
The Graduate School of Education at Oral Roberts University is committed to developing well-trained, dynamic educators with a Christian worldview. The international make-up of our close-knit graduate student population gives the program a broad, multi-cultural perspective. We believe that by offering a program that transforms educators we ultimately can transform society starting with the very next generation.
The Graduate School of Education offers the following degrees:
The Master level degrees includes:
- School Administration, both for public and private P-12 schools. These programs are aligned with the Educational Leadership Constituent Council (ELCC) standards and prepare candidates for Building level leadership.
- Curriculum Design and Instruction prepares candidates for curricular leadership and or to be a Master teacher.
- Teaching with Licensure and Alternative Teaching, prepare those candidates for the classroom whose initial degree was not in Education.
The Doctoral program, an Ed.D. in Educational Leadership, includes:
- P-12 Public school leadership; This program is aligned with the Educational Leadership Constituent Council (ELCC) standards and prepare candidates for District level leadership and certification for Public School Superintendency.
- P-12 private Christian school leadership; This program is aligned with the Educational Leadership Constituent Council (ELCC) standards and prepare candidates for District level leadership and may lead to certification for Public School Superintendency.
- Higher Education Administration prepares candidates for leadership roles in colleges and universities.
This information is also found in the complete ORU Catalog in addition to admission and other university requirements.
ORU Graduate School of Education students and alumni are serving as school leaders around the world. They are lead teachers. They are public school principals and superintendents. They are administrators in Christian schools. They are executive leaders at institutions of higher learning. They are Transformed Educators, Transforming their schools and the world.
To accommodate adult professionals and distance learners, our masters program includes 18 hours of study online in conjunction with 4-day intense modules with pre- and post-module assignments, in-class simulations and dynamic discussions. The annual summer institute gives graduate students an opportunity to take two 4-day modules back-to-back and earn up to seven graduate credits during the summer.
Of special interest, upon completion of your undergraduate program, you may enroll in a fast-track graduate education program that allows you to receive your masters within 12-18 months of additional study.
If you feel called to be a leader in the field of education, ORU's Graduate School of Education is a great place to launch or enhance your career of service.
For more information on graduate programs, contact: