College of Education Careers
Fulfilling Your Mission as an Educator
When you graduate from the ORU Department of Education, you are well equipped to meet the challenges of the classroom at an elementary, middle school or high school level in a public, private or Christian school. We are very proud of our nearly 100 percent placement rate among graduates of our program. This achievement is a testimony to the high regard in which school districts hold the ORU education program and the men and women who complete it.
Graduates of our education programs hold teaching and administration positions in schools throughout Oklahoma, across the United States and in countries around the world.
Alumni from the ORU Graduate School of Education are serving at the highest levels of P-12 public and private Christian school leadership. They are also active at the Higher Education level as faculty and executive level leaders. These graduates are being called into leadership roles across the nation and internationally. By God's power and wisdom, they are changing the world.
Awards and Teachers of the Year
- Melissa Bush (current Ed.D candidate), 2012 Oklahoma Association of Students Councils (OASC) Advisor of the Year.
- Sherrie Jackson (03): 2009 Teacher of the Year, Eugene Field Elementary, Tulsa, OK
- Julie DiSalvo (04): 2009 Teacher of the Year, Lewisville Independent School District Elementary, Flower Mound, TX
- Candace Grimes (Johnson) (07): 2009 Teacher of the Year, Cornerstone Child Development Center, Tulsa, OK
- Beth Dixon (05): 2009 Professional Oklahoma Educators Foundation Excellence in Education Merit Award, Special Education, Marchall Elementary, Tulsa, OK
- Jeanne Pease (M.A.08 & current Ed.D. candidate), 2008 State of Oklahoma Special Education Master Teacher
Organizations Recruiting Our Graduates at ORU's Recent Career Events
52% of students who reported finding full-time jobs applied for them through campus sponsored career fairs.*
41% of graduates reported that they found full-time jobs when they posted their resumes to the campus career center's website.*
*NACE 2007 Graduating Student Survey
- Advantage Academy
- Apple Tree Educational CenterCamp Victory
- Broken Arrow Public Schools
- City of Tulsa
- Coweta Assembly of God
- Cox Communications
- Glenpool Public Schools
- Harvest Mexico Ministries
- Jenks Public Schools
- Knowledge Learning Corporation
- Lincoln Christian School
- Literacy & Evangelism International
- Mercy Ships
- Oklahoma Department of Corrections
- Tulsa Boys Homes
- Tulsa Public Schools
- Union Public Schools
- Victory Christian School
- Wichita Public Schools
- And many many more!