Drama For TV or Film
Bachelor of Science Degree
The drama-television-film performance (DTF) major provides a foundation on which one can build experiences in professional, semi-professional or amateur DTF performances. Through a variety of acting opportunities and experiences on the live theatre stage, in the television studio and on film location, the DTF Major strives to develop the intellectual, aesthetic and creative potential of students as well as prepare students for graduate studies.
Students majoring in DTF will experience the following
- Acting opportunities in main stage productions, Showcase Theatre productions, student film and television projects and Manna (our evangelistic touring company)
- Designing makeup, costumes, sets and props
- Building sets, costumes and props
- Directing a scene for a film and a scene for the stage
- Writing a script for a television series or a feature length film
- Stage management and crew experiences for stage, television and film
- Seminars with professionals in the areas of drama-television-film
- Participation with Alpha Psi Omega (a national honorary dramatic society) audio production and voice-over opportunities
A DTF Major can become a:
- Production assistant
- Script reader
- Production designer
- Stage manager
Our graduates have done well in graduate programs at the University of Southern California, Northwestern, Texas University, Oklahoma University, Arkansas University and Regent University.
What do you have to look forward to?
A great group of talented and creative students and faculty who are passionate about God and immersed in the latest project. The opportunity to take your craft to the next level.
Theatre program auditions are held on Friday afternoons of College Weekend in November and March.
Students interested in theatre scholarships are asked to prepare one 90 second monologue or provide a design portfolio, if interested in the theatre technology areas. Both auditions and portfolio reviews will be followed by an with an interview with the ORU theatre faculty. To schedule and audition, please complete the Request to Audition for a Talent Scholarship Form.
For musical theatre, please provide one song from the musical theatre repertoire. Auditions for the musical theatre program are scheduled via the ORU Music Department.
Student Societies, Clubs and Extracurricular opportunities
- Alpha Psi Omega
Course Offerings Include
- Introduction to Theatre
- Advanced Acting
- Film Acting Techniques
- Technical Production
- Acting Styles
- Theatre History
- Costume Design
- Design Makeup
- Theatrical Lighting Design and Technology
- Theatrical Scene Design
- Acting for Musical Theatre
- Audio Production
- Film Production Techniques
- Television Production
- Field Production and Editing
Current degree plan for this major is available for download.
Director of Theatre