Cinema, TV and Digital Media
Bachelor of Science Degree
The Cinema/Television/Digital Media major (CTD) builds professionals for the ever-changing world of media production. Blending theoretical, technical, and creative aspects, students solidify their learning with hands-on practical experience.
Students who complete the CTD major are equipped with a broad set of skills allowing
them to enter the workforce in a wide variety of areas, such as Film, Television,
Video Production, Audio, Church Media, and Interactive Media.
ORU DISTINGUISHING FEATURES
During their freshman and sophomore years, students experience introductory media classes and then apply for entrance into the MultiMedia Institute Junior Year Experience.
The junior year (MMI) is an intense experience that goes far beyond classroom work. The year begins with the MMI Boot Camp, three days before fall classes begin, for concentrated training on equipment and team building. The rest of the year is packed with media projects, field trips, the MMI Retreat, crewing for professional productions, and the MMI trip to Hollywood, CA and the National Association of Broadcasters convention in Las Vegas, NV.
Some seniors choose to spend a semester “abroad” studying at the Los Angeles Film
Studies Center and completing their internship in Hollywood, CA.
FACILITIES, EQUIPMENT AND TECHNOLOGY REQUIREMENTS
FACILITIES: CTD students have access to the fully up-to-date television studio and control room that houses a news set and a talk show set, two additional studio spaces, a Foley and ADR room, and a room equipped with 24-48 channel audio consoles.
EQUIPMENT: For Film and Field productions on location, students have access to:
- DSLR and ENG video cameras
- Cinema Prime Lenses
- Portable Monitors
- Audio Digital Recorders
- Microphones (Boom, hand held, lavalieres)
- Lighting kits (tungsten and LED)
- C-stands, screens, flags
- Sliders, cobra crane, matt box
LAPTOP: The Media Technology Requirement for CTD majors is a laptop with Adobe CC.
The specific minimum requirements are:
- 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display
- 2.2 GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.4 GHz
- 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3L SDRAM
- 256 GB PCIe-based Flash Storage
- Intel Iris Pro Graphics
- AppleCare Protection Plan for MacBook Pro
- External hard drive 1 TB with at least a USB 3.0 port and 7200 RPM
- Adobe Creative Cloud. (This is a monthly membership. Look for the student price.) https://creative.adobe.com/plans
- Premier Pro Keyboard Cover recommended ($29.95) http://kbcovers.com/premiere-pro-keyboard-cover/
Students who feel they have a laptop computer that is comparable to these requirements and can run Adobe CC, need to have it approved by Mr. Bush before the spring semester of their Sophomore year.
ORU offers the CTD Talent Award Scholarship for incoming students (Freshman or Transfer) who choose to major in CTD. The award ranges from $500 to $2000 per year and it is renewable for up to four years.
To apply, submit the CTD Talent Award Application and a sample of your work as indicated in the application. For more information contact professor Barreiro, email@example.com
A degree in Cinema/Television/Digital Media can lead to a career as a:
- Technical Crew
- Audio Engineer
- Web Designer
- Church Media Director
COURSE OFFERINGS INCLUDE
- Film Directing and Producing
- Advanced Film Directing and Cinematography
- Principles and Advanced TV Production
- Field Production and Editing
- Lighting for TV/Film
- Principles and Advanced Audio Production
- Media Operations
Digital Composition and Interactive Media/Web Design
Professor Rafael Barreiro