Terms & Conditions
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without Oral Roberts University's prior written consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of the United States of America and Oklahoma.
- The ORU website is managed by ORU Marketing which provides content oversight to all
ORU Omni Update users.
- All Omni Update users must complete training, provided by ORU Marketing, before access is granted.
- User access will be revoked in any case where untrained users are granted access to a shared or individual Omni Update account.
- ORU website policies and procedures are governed by the University Navigation Committee.
- The University Navigation Committee will be chaired by the Director of Marketing.
- The University Navigation Committee will draw membership from various ORU departments including Marketing, Public Relations, IT, Admissions & Enrollment and Academics.
Omni Update User Accounts
- The ORU Omni Update license allows for 50 user accounts. To facilitate this, group accounts will be employed for areas which may have several users of the same permission level (i.e., firstname.lastname@example.org).
- No users are allowed to log in to the Omni Update system until they have completed
training on the content management software.
- User accounts that have been dormant for longer than one year since most recent sign on will be purged from the system.
- To reactivate a dormant account, users must participate in a New User training scheduled with ORU Marketing.
- No users, particularly those with high permissions levels, should allow another person to access Omni Update through their account under any circumstance.
- Group User Accounts will be held to same training standards as all Omni Update users. New employees that will gain access to a group account must still receive New User Training.
- If any group deems it appropriate to let a student worker or intern access Omni Update using a group account, that student worker or intern must be trained by ORU Marketing.
- As a standard rule, the ORU website will not provide links to pages outside of the
purview of ORU Marketing or ORU IT.
- Exceptions to this policy can be granted through approval of the University Navigation Committee.
Creating Vanity URLs
- All vanity URLs will be created by ORU Marketing and should be cleared through the
department before being placed in advertisements or promotional materials.
- Clients should attempt to visit proposed vanity URL before initiating its creation to ensure it is not already in use.
- Once confirming the URL is available, clients should initiate the process by submitting a Project Request at marketing.oru.edu.
- ORU Marketing will collaborate with the client regarding intent and usage of the URL.
- Vanity URLs cannot be used in any way that appears to be cobranding.
- In an effort to provide users with greater flexibility and access, forms on the ORU
website will be operated through the MachForm system.
- Only users who have been trained by ORU Marketing should use the MachForm system.
- Should you need regular access to create forms, training is available through ORU Marketing.
- Internal Use Exceptions – For some uses that only reach internal audiences – faculty,
staff, current students – these forms do not need to be in embedded in a web page.
- Scheduling Staff Events
- Managing Staff or Student Volunteer Sign Up
- Managing Internal Event/Meeting RSVP.
Choosing Appropriate Imagery
- All images used on the website must present Oral Roberts University and its constituencies
in a positive manner.
- All images must align with University branding guidelines, and unless serving a specific artistic purpose, must meet web standards for resolution, color saturation and size.
- The selection and placement of appropriate images is a vital element of meeting the University’s brand standards.
- All photos must be below 250kb file size.
- A central repository of approved photography will be available to all Omni Update
- These provided photos can be used at will by trained Omni Update users.
New photography can be added to this repository by ORU Marketing and certain high-level Omni Update users.
Using Video on Pages
- All videos used on the website must be hosted on a University-operated Vimeo.
- Videos hosted on YouTube may not be used on University pages, as YouTube forces advertising and suggested videos that may not align with the University image.
- Videos will meet minimum standards for presentation similar to still photography.
- Subjects in videos should use appropriate lighting.
- Audio should play at appropriate volumes and any use of music must adhere to all copyright limitations and the University’s standard of decency.
- If using video to highlight student work or faculty accomplishments, the video should meet all criteria set by the academic department before being posted.
Snippets and Assets Tools
- Snippets and Assets are new tools in the Omni Update system that will add versatility to the Omni Update User page editing process.
- These are designed so Omni Update Users can make their pages more dynamic.
- Snippets and Assets should only be used if they add valuable content to the page or improve the user experience.
- Additions of Snippets and Assets, as well as edits to them, will be sent to ORU Marketing
for approval as part of the standard Omni Update workflow.
- ORU Marketing may choose not to publish a Snippet or Asset if its use is deemed to be counterproductive to the user experience.
- In the event an addition or change is not published, ORU Marketing will contact the user to collaborate on a suitable solution.
Age of Content
- All content on university web pages should be revised and updated regularly.
- No page will exceed more than 24 months between edits.
- Assigned Omni Update users will be the first point of contact for updating pages.
- All email addresses posted to the website will be *@oru.edu accounts.
- All phone numbers posted to the website will be the official university phone number
for the listed contact.
- Additional phone numbers may also be listed if the department deems appropriate.
All University Department web pages must exist within the University web environment.
- Content is needed on the ORU website for recruitment purposes.